No announcement yet.

Identify this Jackson for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is one source I just found (JCFonline)

They say if it's an 8 digit serial starting with a 6, then it's made in Taiwan, and I hear they only made them in Taiwan in 96. Also, the first number is a 6 so it was made in 96, according to the post.

Link source: https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/10...-of-Origin-FAQ

6 | JS (MIT), probably the first digit denotes year (6=1996)

Scroll further down the page, he also states:
    The JS20 was initially made in Taiwan (MIT), India (MII), Korea (MIK) and Japan (MIJ). Serial numbers for the MIT JS20s are 8 digits long and the first digit probably denotes the year. No serial numbers are known except ones leading with a 6, so it is likely production of Jackson guitars in Taiwan started and ended in 1996.

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    India didn't start using cedro until well into the '90s.
    If I wanted an educated guess, I'd check the catalogues for that era and check the lower priced models.

If Taiwan can be confirmed as '96 only, I'd like to see the info if possible.

Comment

Yes, I'm familiar, but look at the wording used. 'Probably', 'likely'...
      This is why is said it wasn't certain, but I've also had reason to believe they may've ran in '97, and possibly longer.

Now I'm saying 'may've', 'possibly'. This is my point.
      It's definitely a Taiwanese serial, though, and '96 is the strongest possibility, but I just wouldn't bet the house on it.

I said 'well into the '90s' earlier, but I meant well into the 2000's.
      Those Taiwanese JS20's were listed as alder, so there's another possibility.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
      X