Identify this Jackson for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify this Jackson for sale

Hello everyone! I saw this guitar on craiglist, not sure the model....can anyone help to do so?
    It is a Dnky with reverse head stock, a humbucker and 2 single coils, floyd rose (probably licensed, hard to say for sure with this pic).

They want $125 for the guitar.

Here is the link since forum does not allow me to upload pic:

OR Should I get this Ibanez instead? It's $160 but comes with demarzio pickups. I know it's got the Edge II trem; which many have complained about, but I can replace some of that hardware with harder parts if needed ($20-$40). Both guitars are missing the vibrato bars I do believe. The ibanez has dimarzio pickups, the jackson just stock.

Last edited by coffeeandbonghits; 12-13-2018, 01:25 PM.

I don't think that "Jackson" is completely authentic. The blade switch is in a very odd location (closer to the location of the switch on a Strat/RG) and the positioning of the two knobs is highly suspicious. Also, the horns don't quite look like the correct shape for a Dinky body. The neck might be real, but hard to tell from just one photo. Are you able to obtain any additional photos, especially of the back of the guitar, and some closeups in general?

At least that RG350DX is authentic. The tremolo is an Edge III, not Edge II.

Comment

The Jackson Dinky Reverse is authentic. It's one of those late '90s exclusive Dinky Reverse models. I had one of those bodies.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Similar guitars.

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...ight=Exclusive

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/13...ight=Exclusive

Comment

I stand corrected.

That is a bizarre control layout on an apparently legit Jackson.

TAIWANESE-built too? Had no idea Taiwan made Jacksons.

Learned two new things in this thread today.

Comment

As much as I love Jacksons, Id go for that Ibanez . I like its layout better as well as I could change the pickup config by replacing the pickguard. I dont really like middle pickups

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeandbonghits View Post
              Hello everyone! I saw this guitar on craiglist, not sure the model....can anyone help to do so?
              It is a Dnky with reverse head stock, a humbucker and 2 single coils, floyd rose (probably licensed, hard to say for sure with this pic).

They want $125 for the guitar.

Here is the link since forum does not allow me to upload pic:

OR Should I get this Ibanez instead? It's $160 but comes with demarzio pickups. I know it's got the Edge II trem; which many have complained about, but I can replace some of that hardware with harder parts if needed ($20-$40). Both guitars are missing the vibrato bars I do believe. The ibanez has dimarzio pickups, the jackson just stock.

Yeah I know this is the Jackson forum and all but the Ibanez is by far the better guitar of the two. That Ibanez was actually my 2nd guitar ever back when I started playing, and once you swap the pickups (which someone has already done with the Dimarzios) it's a very solid guitar. Hell, the $160 they're asking for the whole guitar is basically what 2 Dimarzios sell for new by themselves.

The trem isn't the best, but I had no issues with mine and I had it for something like 3 years. That Jackson is cheaper by comparison, with just about everything spec wise being lower quality.
              Last edited by Customguitars87; 12-13-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I'd also go for the Ibanez over that Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  I stand corrected.

That is a bizarre control layout on an apparently legit Jackson.

TAIWANESE-built too? Had no idea Taiwan made Jacksons.

Learned two new things in this thread today.
                  The only two Dinky Reverse models I can think of (made for MF) that had the control layout similar to an Ibanez with the switch in that position. One had dot inlays, the other had sharkfins.

Comment

I believe I found the listing for that funny Dinky Reverse. I was mostly interested in seeing more pics. Now I can file this guitar into my "memory bank".

https://pullman.craigslist.org/msg/d...771532412.html

Jackson Dinky Reverse Electric 6-string Guitar - $125 (Pullman)

Selling my Jackson guitar. Dinky Reverse refers to a 7/8 scale (dinky) guitar with an upside down (reverse) head stock. It plays and sounds great. I've had this guitar for many years but have not played it much. It's been stored in its case in my closet for quite a while. I plugged it in and played it a bit to verify everything is in working order this week, then installed brand new D'Addario strings on it 11-13-2018.

This guitar is great for just about any style of music, but especially rock and metal. The size and weight are about perfect for anybody. It has a 5-way pickup selector along with a volume and tone control. Floyd Rose bridge w/whammy bar and locking nut keep it tune. Includes a hard shell case. See images.

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 12-14-2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Yes; that is the guitar! And I did end up getting the Jackson over the Ibanez because there's one thing I forgot to mention; the Ibanez was in Seattle 4 hours away and I have to go over the mountain pass to get there, might be snow or ice. The Jacksons was 2 hours 15 minute drive and no mountain pass. Although Pullmman, WA is higher elevation than where I live.

Regardless, I drove over there and bought it without even playing it. I was pretty impressed with the overall condition, a little better than what I was expecting based on the pics. The action is medium-low, pretty good. It was in tune and he put new strings on it a month ago. The guitar came with the case and also the bar for the Floyd was included, which was a nice surprise because so many don't have the bar in this price range of used instruments.

This Jackson has more wood in it perhaps then that Ibanez since it doesn't have a pickguard unlike the Ibanez, which has lots of wood removed from it. But the Ibanez has better pickups, although has an edge 3 which can be a bear at times. Also, I can't stand changing pickups on pickguards, got to pull everything out. Finally; my last guitar was taken apart and someone stole the pickguard, so I couldn't get it back together, it was a yamaha RGZ and nobody sells pickguards for them. I got frustrated with that project and parted it out, so this guitar is it's replacement.

So is this Jackson made in Taiwan? With the serial #650015360 looks like it's probably the Taiwan batch from 1996. If so, it's my 3rd Import Super Strat from Taiwan. I have owned 2 yamahas (one and rgx the other is the rgz) both were also made in Taiwan.

I wonder what kind of wood this is?

BTW; the best deal I ever got on a craigslist guitar was an Ibanex RG750 for $150! It got stolen from me from a "friend" of mine though I never got to play it. I loaned it to him to do a guitar setup for me. Then he reports the guitar stolen from his car...blah blah blah. It was probably stolen when I bought it too though at that price.

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      I believe I found the listing for that funny Dinky Reverse. I was mostly interested in seeing more pics. Now I can file this guitar into my "memory bank".

https://pullman.craigslist.org/msg/d...771532412.html

Last edited by coffeeandbonghits; 12-16-2018, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Congrats!

I am just noticing for the first time, this Dinky has a non-recessed trem! Or am I seeing things?

Wow, your RG750 was definitely a steal at $150.

Comment

I can't remember seeing a top mount Floyd on those, either, but I can't remember shit.

Yes, those stickered serials from that era were Taiwanese, but the years are still a mystery.
                          It's safe to say mid-late '90s.
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I suppose it is Poplar wood since being made in Taiwan, if it was made in India it'd be Cedro.

My research showed they only made them in Taiwan in 1996.

Comment

India didn't start using cedro until well into the '90s.
                              If I wanted an educated guess, I'd check the catalogues for that era and check the lower priced models.

If Taiwan can be confirmed as '96 only, I'd like to see the info if possible.
                              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                              X