Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chispallate View Post
    Hello,
    According to the 1992 catalog version 2 (i beleave that catalog was only aviliable for europe) exist the Fusion XL with three knobs (the specs are like the Fusion Pro):

regards
    Interesting! My guitar is a 1990 model judging by the serial number, but I suppose it is possible it could be an XL and not a Pro. Most of the XL models I'm seeing have two knobs, and I haven't been able to find a three knob model with the same finish as mine and the flame maple front and back.

I'll have to do some more research, thank you for posting!
    Last edited by Customguitars87; 05-23-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Customguitars87 View Post
      Interesting! My guitar is a 1990 model judging by the serial number, but I suppose it is possible it could be an XL and not a Pro. Most of the XL models I'm seeing have two knobs, and I haven't been able to find a three knob model with the same finish as mine and the flame maple front and back.

I'll have to do some more research, thank you for posting!
      Well,
      XL or Pro, would you please be able to have a look and maybe get a picture of the electronics?

Comment

Pro: Ebony fretboard with binding and MOP sharkfin inlays

XL: Rosewood fretboard with binding and MOP sharkfin inlays

Std.: Rosewood fretboard, no binding, with MOP dot inlays

Comment

In the Catalog 1992 version 2 say XL: Ebony freatboard with binding and MOP sharkfin inlays and logo. Reflex pickups and 3 knobs

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            Pro: Ebony fretboard with binding and MOP sharkfin inlays

XL: Rosewood fretboard with binding and MOP sharkfin inlays

Std.: Rosewood fretboard, no binding, with MOP dot inlays
            Originally posted by chispallate View Post
            In the Catalog 1992 version 2 say XL: Ebony freatboard with binding and MOP sharkfin inlays and logo. Reflex pickups and 3 knobs
            Yep, that was my confusion too. Some sources online say rosewood, but that catalog chispallate posted clearly says ebony.

Originally posted by EioPago45 View Post
            Well,
            XL or Pro, would you please be able to have a look and maybe get a picture of the electronics?
            Yep absolutely! I'll snap a few more photos tonight. I do still think it's a Pro and not an XL, as I can't seem to find a single XL in this exact finish (a few in a dark burgundy finish but not like mine). I definitely found a bunch of photos of Pros that look identical to mine, minus the two way switch versus extra knob difference. I think it's way more likely someone just removed the two way switch and replaced it with a blend knob or something similar.

This whole situation has me digging into this guitar like never before to learn more about it, I honestly have just been playing the hell out of it for a long time and never noticed that it may have been modded!
            Last edited by Customguitars87; 05-24-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Well,
              Ok, here we go! Some additional pics, and a shot of the electronics (hopefully it's clear enough, looks like it came out OK):

Comment

WOW ok enough with the pics unless your gonna sell it to me! haha but seriously that thing is gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                  WOW ok enough with the pics unless your gonna sell it to me! haha but seriously that thing is gorgeous!
                  Haha, thank you! Just hoping the pics will help confirm the model, but I am pretty positive it's a Fusion Pro.

Comment

Ok, here we go! Some additional pics, and a shot of the electronics (hopefully it's clear enough, looks like it came out OK):

Been away for a few days.
                    It looks pretty clean in the electronics cavity, it seems totally unmodified.

Comment

Been away for a few days.
                      It looks pretty clean in the electronics cavity, it seems totally unmodified.
                      Yep that's what I thought too. I actually just found a photo of a blue flame Fusion Pro with the three knobs, so I guess this was probably a stock offering and may not have been modified. This is actually my favorite Jackson that I own, even over the Soloist Professional Pro that I have.

Comment

S

Freakin' sweet! I've been having SERIOUS lust lately for a '90s MIJ or USA Soloist in red. I've already got white covered (twice) and ~black covered, so red completes what I call the last stripe of the Bad Flag.

When I was a kid, I remember loving the various guitars played my Robin Crosby and Warren DeMartini, although Robins's red King V was by far the King. I tend to favor ~Strat bodies the most these days, and the next time I find one at a reasonable price it is so BOUGHT!! I love the original J50BC + J200s myself, although I will do something slightly different for the red one when I finally find it. Perhaps a J80C and J200Rs.
                        '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                        '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                        '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                        '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                        '90 Charvel 475 XL
                        '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                        Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                        Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                        Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Makes sense, I haven't really experienced any interference or issues with it though.
                          Just tried this.

I swapped the J50BC with a Dimarzio Super Distortion and di not like it.
                          I guess the je-1200's buffer added to the pure sound of the SD and made it too thin. It probably works with lower output pickups like the AT-1 but in theory it should not sound good with a JB.

Comment

Just tried this.

I swapped the J50BC with a Dimarzio Super Distortion and di not like it.
                            I guess the je-1200's buffer added to the pure sound of the SD and made it too thin. It probably works with lower output pickups like the AT-1 but in theory it should not sound good with a JB.
                            I have found that the JE-1200 works best with Jackson pickups, which sound a bit thin without the boost. The J50BC and J200s are a perfect match.

A more natural universal boost is the EMG SPC, which provides a mid boost for passive or active pickups without becoming flubby at maximum like the JE-1200 does.
                            '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                            '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                            '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                            '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                            '90 Charvel 475 XL
                            '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                            Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                            Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                            Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Working...
                            X