My MIJ Jackson Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MIJ Jackson Family

Haven't had a chance to properly say hello in here (still on a quest to find out information about the mystery Soloist I recently purchased), so here's a quick picture of my MIJ Jackson family: a 1990 Fusion Professional Pro, a 1990 Soloist Professional Pro, a 2001 Mystery Soloist (possible prototype or part of a tiny run, haven't resolved it yet), and a 1993 Dinky Reverse Professional.

Huge shout out to Audiozone.DK for the treasure trove of information that allowed me to snag all of these for ridiculous prices (just about every single guitar here came from GC and was mislabeled). Call me a geek but I really enjoy the history of the company, and that site is an incredible resource.

FUUUUUUCK, those are all killer. What Duncan pickup is in your Soloist Pro? What EMGs are in your Dinky Reverse? The Fusion's bridge pickup, is that aftermarket too?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      FUUUUUUCK, those are all killer. What Duncan pickup is in your Soloist Pro? What EMGs are in your Dinky Reverse? The Fusion's bridge pickup, is that aftermarket too?
      Thank you! All four came courtesy of Guitar Center used (gold mine if you check it often!). The Soloist Pro has a JB in the bridge, the rest of the guitar is totally stock (minus the custom truss rod cover). The Dinky Reverse has an 81/85 set courtesy of the previous owner. The Fusion, like the Soloist, has had the bridge pickup changed (Dimarzio AT-1) but is otherwise stock (again minus the custom truss cover).

I like the J200 single coils a lot, but the stock humbuckers weren't my cup of tea.

The Fusion Pro interestingly enough has a flamed maple top AND back, not sure if that's the norm for these but very cool.

Last edited by Customguitars87; 05-19-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Damn nice Pro series family there!!!

Comment

Wow, the back of that Fusion is nice!

I'm glad I don't live in the USA. I'd probably be checking Guitar Center Used several times a day and feeding my sickness. I already overwhelm the Efraid of Ebay section of JCF with my shared Canadian deals.

Comment

I have a Fusion Pro in the same color. Mine is 100% stock and I love the stock J-50(C?) humbucker. The J200 singles sound great too.

Comment

Nice pieces! Yes Gc has some hidden Jems.
              I got my Rr pro 1993 and 1993 Rr standard professional from there. Almost mint

Comment

Nice lookin' harem ya got there! Welcome aboard!

Comment

I'm very curious about the fusion and soloist with the JB and AT-1 humbuckers.
                  Did you keep the je-1200 active mid boost on those?
                  If yes, how do they sound?

The reason why I ask is becuase I have a Charvel 475 and I have been thinking about changing the humbucker to a Dimarzio Super Distortion but I'm not sure how it will work with the je-1200 (I've heard it only works properly with low output humbuckers).
                  Last edited by EioPago45; 05-21-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EioPago45 View Post
                    I'm very curious about the fusion and soloist with the JB and AT-1 humbuckers.
                    Did you keep the je-1200 active mid boost on those?
                    If yes, how do they sound?

The reason why I ask is becuase I have a Charvel 475 and I have been thinking about changing the humbucker to a Dimarzio Super Distortion but I'm not sure how it will work with the je-1200 (I've heard it only works properly with low output humbuckers).
                    I did, the guitars are actually 100% stock other than the bridge pickup in each. Personally, I mainly use the active mid boost on clean tones...I don't usually use it with dirt. It sounds fine with the Duncan JB and the AT-1, but I do find that it ever so slightly muddies up the sound in particular if I've dialed in a really gainy tone.

I REALLY love it on a clean tone though, the mid boost is always cranked up all the way when I'm playing clean on these guitars.
                    Last edited by Customguitars87; 05-21-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Customguitars87 View Post
                      I did, the guitars are actually 100% stock other than the bridge pickup in each. Personally, I mainly use the active mid boost on clean tones...I don't usually use it with dirt. It sounds fine with the Duncan JB and the AT-1, but I do find that it ever so slightly muddies up the sound in particular if I've dialed in a really gainy tone.

I REALLY love it on a clean tone though, the mid boost is always cranked up all the way when I'm playing clean on these guitars.
                      Interesting,
                      I thought that the mid boost would somehow interfere with the bridge pickup even when fully rolled off (like it's always there anyway).
                      I need to try this with the super distortion and the stock j-200 which I really like.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by EioPago45 View Post
                        Interesting,
                        I thought that the mid boost would somehow interfere with the bridge pickup even when fully rolled off (like it's always there anyway).
                        I need to try this with the super distortion and the stock j-200 which I really like.

Thanks!
                        Makes sense, I haven't really experienced any interference or issues with it though.

Comment

The Fusion uses a JE-1500 mid sweep (like a wah pedal). There is a switch between the two knobs to turn it off, but I think the electronics are still working. I forget, but I think if the battery is taken out you don't get any sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            The Fusion uses a JE-1500 mid sweep (like a wah pedal). There is a switch between the two knobs to turn it off, but I think the electronics are still working. I forget, but I think if the battery is taken out you don't get any sound.
                            Interesting, I guess my Fusion was modded at some point because rather than the two knob and switch thing you're describing, I just have three knobs there. Guess I gotta dig in the electronics and see what's up. Can't complain though, this thing was an absolutely insane deal.

Last edited by Customguitars87; 05-23-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Hello,
                              According to the 1992 catalog version 2 (i beleave that catalog was only aviliable for europe) exist the Fusion XL with three knobs (the specs are like the Fusion Pro):

and the 1992 price list in pounds:

regards

Comment

Working...
                              X