Jackson FR Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
    I don't overtorque. I've done probably hundreds of string changes on Schallers and many intonations. I've personally never broken / stripped one. I only mentioned my Strathead cause it's an old Schaller and I've overused it over the past 16 years and it's held fine.
    That's good to know and I never intended to direct the comment to your personal expreience. However the fact remains the earlier baseplates are more vulnerable to stripping than other units, so much so that Schaller even acknowldged this with a design modification.

Comment

Originally posted by Julz View Post
      That's good to know and I never intended to direct the comment to your personal expreience. However the fact remains the earlier baseplates are more vulnerable to stripping than other units, so much so that Schaller even acknowldged this with a design modification.
      That's cool. Never saw one like that.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Julz View Post
        http://smg.photobucket.com/user/enth...ates.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/enthauptet/gits/schaller_baseplates.jpg
        That has to have happened somewhere post 1999, for the Schaller low profile I jammed into my Ibanez doesn't have these inserts (and yes I did manage to strip the Low E of it a few years back)
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
        X