Jackson FR Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson FR Quality

I have a Jackson Floyd Rose and am wondering about the quality. Are the saddles the same as a FR Special (same junk metal) or is it a better quality?

Im replacing mine. Hate having to keep using the fine tuners!

Comment

That looks like a JT580. Some info is here: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ject.htm#jt580

Comment

Interesting, thanks for the link

Comment

If it's a Takeuchi made JT580LP, the saddles are decent as is the rest of the trem.
          Should be stamped on the block or the underside of the trem.
          -Rick

Comment

I ordered a brass block and it should be here by Friday. When i take it apart i'll find out for sure.

Comment

They lasted longer than the Schallers with the soft baseplates
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

So i took it apart and installed the new block. There were no markings on the bottom of the baseplate. I'm going to guess this is a less desirable trem.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  They lasted longer than the Schallers with the soft baseplates
                  I've never had an issue with Schallers. My 89 Strathead is still going fine with the one it came with, and it's been used/abused pretty hard.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Within 6 months of swapping to Schallers on several guitars, the saddle screws all went rusty, they work fine, just look shite.
                    One I did maybe 18mths earlier is still fine.

Drop in quality?

Comment

For what it's worth, I bought a Schaller ofr about a year ago and it's still fine. No rusty saddle screws.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        I've never had an issue with Schallers. My 89 Strathead is still going fine with the one it came with, and it's been used/abused pretty hard.
                        Stripping of the saddle locking screw tapping can and does occur if the screws aren't tightened with care, overtightened, undertightened or frequently adjusted. Especially on the low E with the extra tension from the string. I think Schaller rectifiied this flaw in the 90's with hardened inserts.

Comment

The Japanese-made JT580 and JT580LP are excellent bridges. I have a DK2M that I’ve been playing nonstop since I bought it new around 2007 or so, and that bridge has absolutely been as rock solid or even better than my Original Floyd-equipped guitars. I think I might draw some ire by saying that, but that’s how it turned out. Also, it’s important for me to mention that I know how to completely set up a guitar, so I also think that’s the key with any floating trem. I think some bridges get a bad rap because the user does not set them up properly (never properly stretching strings, not adjusting the headstock string-tree to the very same angle as the nut, etc).

Its my my understanding that the JT580 bridges that came on the JS series guitars were made in China, but I don’t know for sure, as I’ve never owned one. But as far as the Japanese JT580, it’s a fantastic bridge.

Comment

Certainly the Takeuchi branded trems are solid units. My only gripe with the JT580 (not the LP) is the screw in arm. Much prefer the screw collar type.

Comment

Originally posted by Julz View Post
                              Stripping of the saddle locking screw tapping can and does occur if the screws aren't tightened with care, overtightened, undertightened or frequently adjusted. Especially on the low E with the extra tension from the string. I think Schaller rectifiied this flaw in the 90's with hardened inserts.
                              I don't overtorque. I've done probably hundreds of string changes on Schallers and many intonations. I've personally never broken / stripped one. I only mentioned my Strathead cause it's an old Schaller and I've overused it over the past 16 years and it's held fine.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X