No announcement yet.

SL4X, dammit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK tried the guitar last night and the pickups aren't going to cut it I think I'll put EMG's SA on it . BenoA there are pic's allover the internet just Google Jackson SL4X.

Comment

OK before I replace the pickups on this guitar I adjust the neck. What size of Allen wrench do you use on these metric didn't work? I ended up using a 3/16 wrench but that wasn't a perfect fit either?

Comment

4mm

Comment

7mm or 4mm truss rod wrench, depending: https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...Truss-Rod-tool

Comment

Thanks John.

Comment

Very nice! What's under the pickguard on these? Could a guy pull it off or is it pretty ugly and unfinished like a strat?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod View Post
                Very nice! What's under the pickguard on these? Could a guy pull it off or is it pretty ugly and unfinished like a strat?
                I haven't pulled this one off yet, but it was common practice to take off the pickguard on the originals. The neck pickup would then need to be mounted to the body.

Comment

Hotrod you could take it off ( its Finished) but then you have all those hole from the screws. You need to remount the neck pickup.

Comment

Loaded it with EMG SAs and a PA2 sound great. Going to use it this weekend
                    Trial By Fire situation Learn on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                      Loaded it with EMG SAs and a PA2 sound great. Going to use it this weekend
                      Trial By Fire situation Learn on the fly.
                      The best method! Keep us posted.
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The only thing left to do is to lower the nut it's to high. going to grind the bottom bit about 3/64 " or less. Other than that it sounds great and plays really well but iI can get it better.

Comment

I chose to grind the Nut rather then take away wood. It took some time even using a grinder but got it so its to less than 1/16" high E and 1/16 on the low E. Plays like my 1985 Custom Soloist now.

Comment

So how are you guys liking these so far? I've sold a few guitars and have no Jacksons left at the moment, wanting a Soloist with a Floyd now and have been really thinking about this SL4X even more.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              So how are you guys liking these so far? I've sold a few guitars and have no Jacksons left at the moment, wanting a Soloist with a Floyd now and have been really thinking about this SL4X even more.
                              I'm loving it, I have since gotten a charvel San dimas and I like the Jackson much better.

Comment

Sweet. I was going to get another G&L for a good deal, but I want the 24 frets and Floyd again, so the SL4X looks like a great deal for even less money.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X