No announcement yet.

SL4X, dammit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. I really want a blue one, but I don't really need another guitar at the moment. Plus, I'm also waiting on a couple of Custom Shop Duncan pickups for my number one G&L Legacy S/S/S strat at the moment.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that looks great. I love the neck binding with dots too
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Nice. I really want a blue one, but I don't really need another guitar at the moment. Plus, I'm also waiting on a couple of Custom Shop Duncan pickups for my number one G&L Legacy S/S/S strat at the moment.
        The blue doesnt do it for me, its so light that the pickguard doesnt stand out.

But need has nothing to with it, its a nice guitar no matter what the reason. Get one or two, or get all 3!

Comment

I could get one if I wanted, but I've got other things to take care of first. Hell, my wife encourages me to buy new guitars when I want and has even given me money towards a couple in the past. I might pick up one of these later in the year.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice. I look forward to your review. Been thinking of picking up the Daphne Blue.
            Same here, same color, don't need another guitar but really love the look of the pointy headstock with single coils.

The Anderton's video on the new Jackson/Charvel made me dust off my old Charvel Model 4M.

How the Floyd Special? Had one in a cheap LTD that could not stay in tune whatever I did to it. Ended trading the guitar.

The Duncan Designed?

Congratz for NGD!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
              Same here, same color, don't need another guitar but really love the look of the pointy headstock with single coils.

The Anderton's video on the new Jackson/Charvel made me dust off my old Charvel Model 4M.

How the Floyd Special? Had one in a cheap LTD that could not stay in tune whatever I did to it. Ended trading the guitar.

The Duncan Designed?

Congratz for NGD!
              How about some 4M pics!

The Floyd seems to be pretty stable, I honestly don't think I have run across a bad Floyd at any price level. A friend had one on an abused guitar that had damaged blades, and it couldn't be saved.

I love vibratos and have them on almost all of my guitars.

I have run across a really crappy bigsby (tremtrue) copy by a reverb seller, and I'm waiting on a vibrola for one of my V's right now.

Duncan Designed pickups are really nice, I have not run across one I didn't like. Their P-90's are my favorite P-90's at any price.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty tempted by the sl4x and/or the sl2q (the Alien green is quite nice)

Almost all my guitars have whammy bars too but I've been wasted by the quality of the Ibanez Edge (I have a few RG550).

As you requested it, here are some pics of my Model 4:
                https://photos.app.goo.gl/eqj6ZEfedXjIlNMW2
                JB aka BenoA

Comment

Is the binding stark white or ivoroid?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Is the binding stark white or ivoroid?
                    The binding is white.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I like the the Lavender and the Orange one but will have to check out the necks 1st. Always wanted a 3 single soloist but the price ( Custom Shop) and the fact that mid 80's ones came with a Kahler.

Comment

Well I went to look at the Jackson SL4X and there were no Orange ones. They had the other 2 in stock the Bubblegum color is pepto PINK so I got the Blue one it's not as washed out light blue as the pics on the internet show it and the pickups are way better than I had thought. I was ready to put some PJ Marx pickups in it but I'm going to live with these for a while.

Comment

I figured the Orange would be the most popular, but I had to have the pink. It's not a sickly pepto pink, it's actually a nice shade...

I'm super happy with everything about it.

Comment

The Floyd is Nice and the frets are like on Strat thin fairly tall. The profile of the neck is between my 1985 &1986 SD soloists and is straight. A really resonant body nice long sustain when not plugged in. The 2 I played today were really felt close to each other hope the rest of the run is the same. AngelDeville if the pink one was the color as your post in the begining of this thread I would have gone with that but it's Pink Not lavender.
                              Last edited by jtr; 04-09-2018, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                                Well I went to look at the Jackson SL4X and there were no Orange ones. They had the other 2 in stock the Bubblegum color is pepto PINK so I got the Blue one it's not as washed out light blue as the pics on the internet show it and the pickups are way better than I had thought. I was ready to put some PJ Marx pickups in it but I'm going to live with these for a while.
                                Can you post some pics?
                                JB aka BenoA

Comment

Working...
                                X