Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD! Jackson RR24 "Mistake" or whatever they called it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luca1973 View Post
    NO japanese models had the Original Floyd??

I remember one of those RR24 at the store where I usually go, I took her in my hands once (I wasn't really interested, only to have a quick look)...It seemed to me an OFR, but I'm probably wrong or didn' recognize it properly.
    Isn't the collar of the arm different between the OFR and the Korean made 1000Series and Special??
    There's no evidence on this forum or any other about a German OFR on a North American market import, but the Japanese market Stars models offered real Floyds on some.

Perhaps the saddles were upgraded? Could be someone swapped the whole trem, check it out for the Made In Germany stamp.
    edit: Oh, you mean the ad on the Jackson site shows the gold trem without slanted saddles on the Korean FRT? Yeah, that's new to me. Are yours slanted?

I'm almost certain there was a post on here once with the OFR and the 1000 Original each broken down to a pile of parts and there were minor visual differences in certain areas, but I may be wrong. Overall, as stated, they're the same size.
    Last edited by Mudlark; 11-12-2017, 05:15 AM.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      I remember 75, but I thought that was per color or something, but it's been so long since these came out I don't really remember.
      I THINK just this one was the 75 run. They then dropped the reverse fins and no binding. Honestly the lack of binding on the subsequent ones is the only reason I kept looking for the this particular one.

Comment

If I remember, these came out a few months after Alexi switched to ESP. The timeline doesn't completely support this gossip, but it all happened around the the time though so it is possible that Jackson commissioned these to try to lure him in and after he picked ESP, these were already in the works so they put standard logos on them instead.

I dunno about all that, but it's weird that they came out when they did in the configuration they did.

Cool guitar though. An example of how Chushin Gakki could produce amazing USA quality guitars if they really wanted to.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          Perhaps the saddles were upgraded? Could be someone swapped the whole trem
          ...it's possible

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          edit: Oh, you mean the ad on the Jackson site shows the gold trem without slanted saddles on the Korean FRT? Yeah, that's new to me. Are yours slanted?
          ...!!?!?..the gold trem on the site seems even an Original Floyd to me!!
          JerEvil is the owner, maybe he could upload a detailed photo of the trem or see under it for any writings.

Comment

Alexi Laiho switched to ESP around 2002-2003 (right after Fender buyout). RR24 was released at NAMM 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Luca1973 View Post
              ...it's possible

...!!?!?..the gold trem on the site seems even an Original Floyd to me!!
              JerEvil is the owner, maybe he could upload a detailed photo of the trem or see under it for any writings.
              Yeah I will get some pics tonight and upload.

Comment

Korean Floyd... has the angled saddles.

Comment

Working...
                X