Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD! Jackson RR24 "Mistake" or whatever they called it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Jackson RR24 "Mistake" or whatever they called it!

Hey all! Been YEARS since I have been on this forum. Mostly since I had some life happen and my USA collection went away.

Anyway I just got a really good deal on the old RR24 with bound neck and reverse sharkies. I bought one when they were first release back in like 2006/7 or whenever that was. Ended up having to off it to cover some expenses at the time. Been looking for another for ages that was in good repair AND priced to sell. Low and behold by happenstance I found exactly what I was looking for!

Wondering if anyone has or remembers the spec's on these Japanese runs.

So thankful to have this guy. Also, I can not BELIEVE all the "points" are fully in tact. Headstock and both wings.

Also, does anyone have the right details on this? I remember there being some noise about Jackson saying it was a mistake and shouldn't have binding, yada yada. I always thought it was a soft "FU" around the Alexi Sig model. Anyway, glad to own another nice Jackson. It may not be a USA model but these Japanese builds are fantastic and it feels every bit as good as my RR1 did.
    Last edited by JerEvil; 11-10-2017, 04:16 PM.

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
    I can not BELIEVE all the "points" are fully in tact. Headstock and both wings.
    Me too!!!
    It's a guitar at least 10 years old, it is a sort of miracle!!
    Congrats!!!

If I don't remember wrong, it's a Rhoads RR24LTD

Rather than a mistake, LTD means a limited run of few pieces, just for these reverse sharkfins and binding

EMG81
    Original Floyd Rose
    Alder wings
    Maple neck w/ebony fingerboard
    hard case included
    Last edited by Luca1973; 11-10-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luca1973 View Post
      Me too!!!
      It's a guitar at least 10 years old, it is a sort of miracle!!
      Congrats!!!

If I don't remember wrong, it's a Rhoads RR24LTD

Rather than a mistake, LTD means a limited run of few pieces, just for these reverse sharkfins and binding

EMG81
      Original Floyd Rose
      Alder wings
      Maple neck w/ebony fingerboard
      hard case included
      Awesome! Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

The Floyd is a Korean FRT 02000. Supposedly the same materials as the German Floyd.
        It's a beauty. Single hums are too cool.
        The serial is date coded.
        07xxxx-2007 etc.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I'd venture a guess that the tremolo is a Korean "1000 Series" Floyd Rose, since the SL3 also had that. The SL3 was another high-end Japanese Jackson of the 2000s decade.

Bonus points if it's a true German Schaller-made OFR, but I know of no Japanese Jacksons that had true German OFRs. Not even the Japanese Jackson Professional Pro guitars of the early 1990s had OFRs; they had Schaller JT590 trems.

To verify, check under the tremolo baseplate. If it says "Made in Germany", it's an OFR. If it's blank, it's the 1000 Series. Personally, they are identical (and are manufactured identically according to Floyd Rose) and experience has told me this is true. Keep in mind that most Japanese Jacksons of this era had the Takeuchi JT580LP, except the aforementioned SL3 which started receiving the 1000 Series Floyd around 2006 if I'm repeating Mudlark's information correctly.

But holy crap does this guitar have really top-tier specs so late into Japanese Jackson production. It's practically just the plastic sharkfins (typical of a late-model Japanese Jackson) separating this guitar from specs seen in USA or the early Japanese Professional Pro guitars. The SL3 didn't even have binding or an ebony fretboard like this Rhoads does. The SLSMG did have binding and ebony, but no tremolo (so not a truly direct comparison).

EDIT: Damn, in the time it took me to organize my thoughts and compose this message, Mudlark already beat me to the 1000 Series guess.
          Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-10-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

NO japanese models had the Original Floyd??

I remember one of those RR24 at the store where I usually go, I took her in my hands once (I wasn't really interested, only to have a quick look)...It seemed to me an OFR, but I'm probably wrong or didn' recognize it properly.
            Isn't the collar of the arm different between the OFR and the Korean made 1000Series and Special??
            Last edited by Luca1973; 11-11-2017, 03:20 AM.

Comment

That is Korean Floyd. Saddles on those have that small 45 degree cut on the back.

Only Japanese Jacksons that had German floyd were elite series ones.

Comment

Seems that the actual RR24 has the Korean FRT-1000 series tremolo...but in the photo the saddles are similar to the German made Floyd, no 45 degree cut...

just scroll down, there's a photo in which we can see it clearly

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...rboard-natural

Comment

Very cool Jackson. Congrats!

Comment

Always loved those. Nice score!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

IIRC people were talking about like 75 of them being made in total, but I have no idea how correct that is/was. Nice score though, congrats!
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the info. Was most curious about the construction as I am going to swap out the 81 for either an EMG 57 or Fishman of some sort. Want to keep a guitar with an active pickup for sure.

The Floyd on here seems to hold its tuning even with a proper “beating”! LOL! Has 10’s on it now but I’ll put 9’s back on it. Funny thing, I forget how to change strings on a Floyd! Haven’t owned one in years. You all stick a battery under it?

i used to just change 2 strings at a time...

This thing really does play like a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                          Funny thing, I forget how to change strings on a Floyd! Haven’t owned one in years. You all stick a battery under it?

....see, it's like riding a bike
                          (Though real professionals use a 9v battery wrapped in masking tape )
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Killer guitar! Congrats Brother. May want to consider an EMG 85 as well. It can surprise you in the bridge position. I have a 9 volt battery with about 1/4 of electrical tape wrapped around it that I put under the floyd when changing all the strings at once........generally just do 1 or 2 at a time so I dont have to worry about the bridge but sometimes I need to take all the strings off at once and then ill use my battery contraption. Anything would work but this is just what I do..........hillbilly engineering

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                              IIRC people were talking about like 75 of them being made in total, but I have no idea how correct that is/was. Nice score though, congrats!
                              I remember 75, but I thought that was per color or something, but it's been so long since these came out I don't really remember.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X