Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In search of a Dinky (sentimental reasons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a pretty standard Jackson cavity shape, so if it doesn't quite fit that cavity I can't imagine which Dinky the cover was designed for.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I am a little confused here... I have looked at Seymour Duncan's site for wiring but their illustration of the pickup selector is different so I am confused. Also... I watched a video of a similar switch but it was wired differently. Have any of you seen this switch wired this way? If it should be wired differently can one of you use my photo and mark how it should be wired? Duncan `59 in the neck TB4 in the bridge... one volume, one tone and this switch.

`93 Jackson Dinky Professional Rev (MIJ)
      2015 Jackson JS32 DKA-M Dinky Arched Top
      2010 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White (Aging color/RR clone)

Comment

I decided the Bourns pots I have with the .22uf Orange Drop caps will go in my Epi Les Paul Custom. I just ordered some custom CTS pots from The Art of Tone. Custom because they are the 525K pots, short shafts, with brass shafts and brass bushings. To go with these I ordered some NOS USA Sprague .22uf 100v 225P Orange Drops. I ordered the pots, the Bourns and the CTS's, in sets of 4... The plan was to put the second set of pots and caps in my 2016 Jackson Dinky... when it gets new Duncans.
        Last edited by thxone; 04-12-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Twas a beautiful day today so I shot the clear!!!! 2 light coats and 2 medium wet coats. I am going to let it sit and cure for 7 days then wet sand with 2000 grit and 3000 grit before I buff and polish this baby by hand... no power tools. I plan on cussing a lot. Sides, edges and inside horns all came out great and will need the least attention when final sanding and polishing.

1st light coat of clear:

2nd light coat of clear:

3rd coat medium wet:

4th coat medium wet:

Comment

I love that color! Great work!

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Thanks ya'll!!

Comment

Turning out very nice!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got my custom spec CTS 525K pots today. Though they are much stiffer than my Bourns pots they feel much higher quality... no clue why. Thank you to The Art of Tone.

Comment

Looks like I figured out how the 3-way switch was connected and how it works. I made sure to take pictures before I cut the wires... the two inside lugs are the inputs. Silly me. Honestly it looks backwards to me but it worked before, should be fine now.

Comment

I may be stripping the guitar down to wood and re-painting it. I have discovered some areas that I sanded a little too aggressively before clear and now I have non purple areas.... under the clear. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Comment

Has your clear fully cured? I would be tempted to spray on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarkid8 View Post
                            Has your clear fully cured? I would be tempted to spray on top of it.
                            I think it was cured for the most part. I think I was able to save the paint. I sanded the areas down to the color then resprayed the color... then clear. Since it all will be wet sanded before polishing I think it will be fine.

Comment

You'll have no problems doing it like that. Looking forward to the final result!

Comment

I like the stiffness of the CTS.
                                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                                X