Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In search of a Dinky (sentimental reasons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In search of a Dinky (sentimental reasons)

Hello everyone!! I am on a quest. I am trying to track down a 1993,94,or 1995 Jackson Dinky Professional Rev guitar. My buddy gifted one to me a long while back and in 2012 it was stolen... he then passed away in late 2012. The quest began in Nov 2012... This is what I am looking for. A Dark Metallic Violet, Maple Fingerboard/Maple neck 93', 94', or 95' Dinky Pro Rev all stock. If anyone has one or knows where one is, please let me know. I'd like to have that piece of my friend back. I have contacted a guitar retailer who is going to get a quote from the Jackson custom shop to see if they can clone one so I am waiting to hear the results of that query.

Here is the Dinky that was stolen.

`93 Jackson Dinky Professional Rev (MIJ)
    2015 Jackson JS32 DKA-M Dinky Arched Top
    2010 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White (Aging color/RR clone)

If you're in the US, craigslist is your best bet. Search areas and hope someone will ship it if need be.
    Other than that, you're gonna need to keep an eye on ebay, Reverb etc.

Join the JCF classifieds facebook page and the JCF facebook forum and put the word out. There're other Jackson facebook pages, too.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I agree with Mudlark. Look around different Craig's Lists and see if you can find that model with the maple/maple neck. If/when you find one, you can always have the body repainted for the color. It will be quicker and way cheaper than trying to get one from the Jackson custom shop.

Comment

Trust me, I have been checking everywhere.

Comment

Have faith, you should be able to find one of these models and at a decent price. About 4 years ago, there was a dinky pro reverse just like this with a stone finish on my local Craigs List. I bought it for a fellow JCF member and shipped it out to him. A couple weeks after that, I found the exact same model in black at one of the Guitar Centers here in Cleveland. I was tempted to pick it up but I had another project already in the works so I passed on it. So they're around, you just have to keep looking. I'll check around at some the GCs up here and some of the guitar stores that I frequent and keep an eye out for one.

Comment

Sorry to hear! Do you have the s/n by chance?

Comment

Have you seen this black dinky pro reverse that Guitar Center has on its used gear website? Looks like all the same specs you're looking for except the color. You could ship this off to Lee at GMW and get the body refinished in the Dark Metallic Violet color. While you're at it, have him check the neck and frets, do a setup and you've got your guitar.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Jac...r-112666971.gc

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                Have you seen this black dinky pro reverse that Guitar Center has on its used gear website? Looks like all the same specs you're looking for except the color. You could ship this off to Lee at GMW and get the body refinished in the Dark Metallic Violet color. While you're at it, have him check the neck and frets, do a setup and you've got your guitar.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Jac...r-112666971.gc

HOLY CRAP!!!! Monday needs to get here so I can buy that guitar. Thanks everyone for the support. I am still waiting to hear from the Jackson custom shop as well.

Comment

Hi there everyone!! I just wanted to update all you. I decided to buy the MIJ Dinky that Johnnyryche linked to me. Thanks Johnny!!!! I should have it in 3-5 days.

Comment

Good news, that's a great guitar

Comment

Originally posted by thxone View Post
                      Hi there everyone!! I just wanted to update all you. I decided to buy the MIJ Dinky that Johnnyryche linked to me. Thanks Johnny!!!! I should have it in 3-5 days.
                      Very cool, glad that worked out for you. Looking forward to hearing your review once you get it. And definitely consider sending if off to GMW for the refin. You'll end up with a brand new guitar that will look and play better than it did coming out of the factory.

Comment

Great score! Glad it worked out for ya and you can honor your friend by wailing on a cool guitar!

Comment

It's almost here!! Just one state away. I have been trying to find a shop that can paint it the same color mine was... I have found some similar colors at one shop. I am not changing any components i.e. controls, bridge or knobs. After I inspect it completely and it is hopefully in good shape I will take a dark purple scotch brite pad and basically sand the finish off the fret board and back of the neck like I did mine. Then I will level the frets and polish them... again like I did my guitar. I do know from the pics that it has a Seymour Duncan in the bridge... no clue what model. If it is an SH4 or TB4 it will stay. If not, I have located the factory dual rail J-85 pickup and will put that back in it. Quick question, does anyone know of a larger brass trem block that fits the JT580LP bridge?

Comment

Brass blocks for the JT580LP do exist. I bought one from a US ebay seller a couple of years ago, fitted perfectly.
                            A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

I love the J-85 pickup that comes on those. Unfortunately, only one of my DRs has it

Comment

Working...
                              X