1991 Randy Rhodes Pro value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Aside from the pickups it appears to be a standard Rhoads PRO. They had USA similar specs in those years and have a pretty impeccable reputation, but I can't see the used value being more​ than a typical used neck thru USA model in my opinion.

Yes, '91, I missed that in the first post.
      Last edited by Mudlark; 01-11-2017, 08:36 PM.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Cheers for the help

Comment

Good luck.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

It is a sweet guitar. Maybe it was one of the first models they tried the Reflex pups on.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hi, i have the price list for 1992 UK(prices in pounds):
              http://oi64.tinypic.com/2428izr.jpg
              http://oi65.tinypic.com/t8r8jn.jpg
              and i have the catalog of 1992 version 2, maybe this catalog was only avalaible for uk? all pro guitars came with reflex pickups in the catalog.
              http://oi64.tinypic.com/1zwhpo7.jpg

Comment

Thanks mate much appreciated, nice to know there is a UK catalog out there to find, so far all I could find was the US catalog for 91

Comment

Cool! So I guess the Rhoads Pro model had the Reflex pickups specified for the UK market.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Those are great guitars, I have one myself - '95 with stock Jackson pickups.

I recall there's one user from Finland who bought an early one, just like yours. It also had those Reflex pickups. If I remember correctly, he bought it (used) from the UK.

Comment

Is that finish metallic blue? Metallic black wasn't a Rhoads Pro options 90-92 according to the US catalogs. Was a 1992 option (have one). Looks black or greenish to me in those pics.

Maybe pickups weren't only thing different for UK mkt?

Comment

Hey now, looky there. Seems those Reflex are original, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                          Is that finish metallic blue? Metallic black wasn't a Rhoads Pro options 90-92 according to the US catalogs. Was a 1992 option (have one). Looks black or greenish to me in those pics.

Maybe pickups weren't only thing different for UK mkt?
                          Definitely Mettalic black

Comment

The reflex pup were stock on the 1991 limited edition model, Professional. I have also seen them on a few USA Jackson's, they seemingly, were only used in 1991 and then discontinued shortly thereafter. That's my guess, anyway. Anyway I see those RR Pro's, listed for 1-1500 USD, regularly. The, "Professional", non pro's, (No MOP Logo etc..), also are being LISTED, for those prices too, not sure if they ever sell for that. How do the Relflex pup sound? EMG ish? I wonder If they were sued by EMG or something?

Comment

They sound awesome, one of the nicest clean tones Iv'e heard but not quite as much punch as EMG's for distortion but pretty close, saying that they have more range with the 3 stage gain

Comment

Well, in terms of rarity, this is the first UK market Pro I've ever heard of, and with the factory color and original pups being something different than the "normal" pros you might catch a bigger bid than the typical market price. Or maybe not. But wherever you list it just make sure you point out the differences.

It may be there are more out there that I never noticed, but like many here I've seen and owned a bunch of Pros and keep an eye out for them. It's a great color IMO.
                                Last edited by Vass; 01-13-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X