Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1992 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional with Case for $650 Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional with Case for $650 Worth it?

Someone local in my city is selling a 1992 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional with case for $650. I have included pictures. I just want to get some input to see if its worth it.

Local prices vary area to area.
    While I wouldn't pay that price, and that generic case is nothing to write home about...
    There are some who feel it would be ok. But I would say that this particular model would be worth more than some of the other dinky reverse models.

Why the sticker on the headstock?
    That is usually something stores do. If this is a business, businesses always charge more. That may explain why the higher price.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 11-23-2015, 09:41 AM. Reason: clarity of thought

Comment

It would have to be mint before I'd consider paying over $500, and many would say $500 is too high.
      Last edited by Mudlark; 11-23-2015, 03:11 PM.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

^^^ What Mudlark said.
        Cheap, and poorly fitted case and a guitar with an unpopular finish.
        More like $350-$400.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          More like $350-$400.
          I'd agree with Mudlark and RJ. I think $500 is too high and, if it's in mint shape, would say $350 - $400 is a probably what it's worth. Putting it into perspective, if you spent $650, you could get a Charvel pro mod or new Jackson DK2M for that price. As much as I like the stone finish and reverse headstock, I'd spend the money on one of those options before I'd pay that much for the dinky reverse.

Comment

This one isn't worth as much as the maple fretboard. if this was a stone finish and a maple board it could fetch $650. looks like it had its bridge swapped out with the schaller made one.

Comment

The bridge is original, it came stock with the Schaller. It is unmodified and original. I got him down to $500, I told him what you guys told me about the price, people seem to think things are worth more then they are, he told me the finish is rare, I said I guess so that's why no one bought the colour since it ugly lol.

Comment

if it has the schaller made one it is the older run of the guitar and slightly better in build quality. the later ones came with the low profile bridge and this was towards the end of real pro series.

should be a 1992 or a 1993 built guitar. slightly more valuable than the later, say $30 - $50.

Comment

Careful with those older Schaller bridges too!

I had that very same model guitar and a few other MIJ Dinkys and those bridges intonation screws strip super easy on that cheap pot metal baseplate.

If you see a saddle sticking forward chances are the threaded hole is stripped and that renders the Floyd Rose useless.

Comment

I had a Rhoads with that finish back in 93ish , pick up failure so I took it back got a different Jackson. I haven't seen another like that since... I've seen a few of those you're looking at. Wait him out.. he'll come down.
                    \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

ok, I am sure he will come down its been listed for like 2 months now lol. I would pay max $350-400. it is very unique the finish.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the bridge, I will check it out when I go and look at it when he comes down on his price.

Comment

I got the guy to come down to $350, good price? this includes a hard shell case as well. The guitar has the original allen key holder as well as the original allen keys. I sold the DR3 I had since I have too many black guitars. I have some EMG pickups here a 81/85 I was thinking of throwing in the 1992 Dinky Reverse and replace the wiring as well, just wondering if I should or just leave it stock, not sure if these are worth money or rare, this is a guitar I am going to keep, so I have no plans on selling it.

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate in changing anything that would make it a more solid, dependable guitar.
                            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Are the stock pickups good? I mean the neck J-80c and the bridge J-85 or are the just generic OEM pickups.

Comment

Working...
                              X