No announcement yet.

NGD Jackson Model Unknown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the guitar feels great to play, these things always happen when you really like a guitar. I found another crack last night on the neck along the wood grain. The scuffing on the back of the neck, was that caused by the wall hanger? taking it on and off. I didnt know that could do that, I thought the rubber was there to protect it. I thought the scuffing was maybe from a repair with super glue. I can take better pictures if need be, I just like all my stuff to be in mint condition, anyone here in the forum have guitars with cracks on the neck? I would like to fix it, not sure about the super glue thing, I have never done that before, I take it you only have one shot, or you make a mess and it looks horrible lol. Would it be worth it to get it professionally repaired or not since the guitar is just a entry level axe.

Comment

It's worth it if like it so much. Another option is to replace the neck, that's the beauty of a bolt-on.

Comment

The scuffing looks to me like someone was trying to "erase" the crack. Because cracks like those are the result of truss rod abuse, it's not really fixable, and again there's the risk that anytime you want to adjust the truss rod, the cracks will get worse.

Replacing the neck is a great idea. Then you'll have a guitar in excellent shape.

Comment

Yeah, that crack is so horrible, it's gonna fall apart if you look at it wrong.

There's nothing there to fix. You're really nitpicking way too much for a $50 guitar, IMO. It plugs in, it plays? No real fret buzz, intonates correctly? That's about all you can realistically expect. A professional setup would cost as much as the guitar is worth. I wouldn't put any more money in it because you'd never get it back.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Going to get rid of it then, dont want to bother getting it fixed or worrying about it getting worse.

Comment

I am not selling it now . I found a good luither here in my city and he is going to repair it, and make sure the truss rod still works. The damage was cause by a tighting the truss rod too much and the wood cracked. $40 bucks to get it repaired and it will be invisible. So $90 bucks paid for this guitar not bad. I am still coming out ahead, as these run for $239 upwards.

Comment

The new models are that price, yours isn't. It doesn't matter, it's still worth it to repair.

Comment

Why what was the price for mine brand new? I know the new models are made in china and this is made in india.

Comment

I'm not sure what the new prices are, but I always see them for $99 used at the local consignment shops. So you're still doing just fine.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

This Music Zoo ad has some price info for the JS32RT.
                      http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/7...ar-Snow-White/
                      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

$319.00 retail, and $239.99 from them. Not bad Thanks alot for the link

Comment

Working...
                        X