NGD Jackson Model Unknown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Jackson Model Unknown.

Hi, I just got the Jackson today brandnew from a music store that was closing it doors on the weekend. I paid $50 bucks cash for it. I am not sure where it is made there is no Made in China, Japan, Indonesia,India on it. The serial number is NHJ1026050. Any help would be appreciated. I have included pictures in this post.

India I believe and it's some sort of JS series(with an R in the name)

Comment

JS32RT
      Nice looking guitar too.
      -Rick

Comment

Thanks for the model, is this a good guitar or cheap and not good. I paided $50 for it the price tag said $400.

Comment

It's a lower end Jackson, but not the lowest.
          $50 is great.
          -Rick

Comment

Awesome, The pickups dont sound bad. I thought they would be worse, reminds me on some EMG HZ pickups. I am thinking of putting in this Vintage 70's Cream Dimarzio Super Distortion I have laying around in the bridge. It was in my old Kramer guitar, but I swapped it out for a 80's black SD.

Comment

Serial indicates 2010, made in India.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Nice score for $50.
                I have an Indian dinky and think it is a pretty decent guitar for what I paid.
                Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks, I am going to give it a cleaning not sure how long it was on the wall for. I normally do a complete tear down on used guitars I buy and do a full clean not sure if i should bother on this one, I might just cut the string and wipe it down, clean fret board/condition and put new string on and do a setup. What do you guys do with your new guitars? This is the second new guitar I have ever got in the 28 years I have been playing. I have always found the better deals are when you buy used.

Comment

I think I know now why it was cheap, I was just cleaning the neck and noticed a crack on the back by the headstock, and on the side where the neck meets the fretboard, I thought it was just the wood grain, but ran my finger over it and it is a crack I am going to post pictures.

Comment

Comment

Looks like it took a shot on the back of the neck.
                        Doesn't look serious, but I'd keep an eye on them.
                        If it looks like they're getting bigger, you can try and inject some crazy glue into the crack.
                        That should keep in from spreading.
                        -Rick

Comment

Do you think this could have happened from it being on a wall hanger in the music store? I am pretty mad about this, I thought I got an awesome deal, but always seem to get screwed when buying jackson guitars. I bought a DXMG 6 months ago and the head was cracked right by the low e tuner. I didnt notice it untill a took the strings off. Do you think I should worry about the Jackson JS32RT cracks on the neck?

Comment

The cracks don't look serious.
                            Good wall hangers don't typically cause this, but most shop hangers are pretty frikkin cheap.
                            The scuff mark on the back of the neck could have come from being repeatedly taken down.
                            You still got a fantastic deal and I really wouldn't worry too much about the crack.
                            You can always seep glue into it if you feel like it's getting bigger. That will stop it.
                            -Rick

Comment

The fretboard crack doesn't look too worrisome. I would perhaps put some superglue in and around it.

The one on the back of the neck is a bit troubling. Even though it's rather thin and hard to see what's going in, still, I wonder whether adjusting the truss rod would make things worse.

You know what they say about a deal that sounds too good to be true... Even for a JS Series, the price would have been too good for a guitar in perfect condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X