Will this neck fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this neck fit?

I just purchased a Jackson DK2 off of Ebay for $150,It has the standard rosewood fret board with sharfin inlays but no binding on the neck or headstock,and i'm looking to replace the neck.I came accross a Jackson JS32 dinky archtop(newer model) guitar with the 4 bolt rosewood neck,24 frets with the binding on the neck and headstock,which is what i'm wanting to put on my Ebay bought guitar.Will this neck fit my older model DK2 body?It actually might be a lower end model than a DK2.It's a Soloist body with cherry burst flamed maple top,Jackson floyd rose,and HH duncan designed pickups.

I was under the impression that all soloists are neckthru built and slightly different sized, and anything else was a dinky??

here is what the back of my soloist looks like:
    Last edited by flyinbryan; 06-22-2015, 05:19 PM.
    1959 Gibson ES175D natural/bigsby
    2012 Jackson Soloist SLX white Floyd Rose Special
    2012 Jackson RRXMG Matte Black Floyd Rose Special
    2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

Actually the Dinky body has a cutout in between the lower horn and the neck,the soloist doesn't have that cutout.If i could upload pics i'd show ya the difference.I also have a soloist like yours,but my soloist has a bolt on neck,and is a import,not sure what year it was produced?

Comment

learn something new everyday (im new to Jackson guits)
        2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

Soloists and Dinkys are the exact same size/shape. The only difference is neck thru=Soloist, bolt on=Dinky.
          The bevelled lower horn is a Dinky feature, though. I may be corrected, but I'm not sure if the Soloist ever came with that bevel.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitar_crazy_dude View Post
            but my soloist has a bolt on neck,
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

You first need to upload pics to a photo sharing site such as tinypic or photobucket and then copy the link here.
              The DK2 should have the standard 2 1/4 inch neck pocket, so that's what sized neck you'll need. The arch top vs flat top body may be an issue, I personally don't know.

Comment

Soloists and Dinkys are the exact same size/shape.
                I did a lot of research on that very subject because I was looking for a used case for that white soloist in the above pic, and found a really good deal ($32.00) on a molded Jackson case, but it was for a dinky.. I saw a few people saying they were the same, but the vast majority said that the dinky was like 1/4" bigger all the way around... and that it would be a very tight fit for a soloist....

I went ahead and bought the case, and it fits nice and tight. (exactly the way it should in my opinion) I love my soloist. I think I like it better than my rhoads
                2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

Yes, the SKB Jackson case fits both Dinkys and Soloists identically. I have both models and they both fit snuggly in that case.
                  There was a thread last year where members traced the outline of their Dinkys and Soloists on paper and they were identical sized. That thread unfortunately got lost in a crash over the winter.
                  I even compared my import, arch topped DKMGT with my USA flat topped SL2HT...they were the same size.
                  Last edited by Mudlark; 06-22-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

not sure what year it was produced?
                    What's the serial?

Comment

I just purchased a Jackson DK2 off of Ebay for $150,It has the standard rosewood fret board with sharfin inlays but no binding on the neck or headstock
                      It's bedtime so I can't check, but I'm thinking all the older DK2's that had sharkfins had neck/headstock binding. Any pics?

Comment

There was a thread last year where members traced the outline of their Dinkys and Soloists on paper and they were identical sized. That thread unfortunately got lost in a crash over the winter.
                        ya that would have been perfect if I could have found that. could have ordered with confidence. (LOLZ,, not that I was too freaked out,,,,,,,, $32 worth of freak out I reckin)
                        2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                          What's the serial?
                          The Serial # is 9763887(neck plate)

Comment

I just purchased a Jackson DK2 off of Ebay for $150,It has the standard rosewood fret board with sharfin inlays but no binding on the neck or headstock
                            Then it's not a DK2 neck if it doesn't have binding.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                              You first need to upload pics to a photo sharing site such as tinypic or photobucket and then copy the link here.
                              The DK2 should have the standard 2 1/4 inch neck pocket, so that's what sized neck you'll need. The arch top vs flat top body may be an issue, I personally don't know.
                              here's a pic of the guitar,your right it's not a DK2 I'm thinking a older DX10 maybe? I bought the guitar for the body(love flamed maple)and the chrome hardware.I have a new Dimarzio super distortion for the bridge position,and now i just need a DK2 style neck for it.
                              Last edited by Guitar_crazy_dude; 06-22-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X