No announcement yet.

'98 DK2M color question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my House of Colors violet pearl DK2M.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
      You could always plug the hole and place the volume pot where the tone is, assuming you don't use the tone.
      Absolutely! At the time, we were looking for a "productive" way to make use of the surplus hole and my friend came up with the idea of the kill switch. I was like: "Yeah, sounds great, let's do that." The alternative would have been to plug the hole with something or cover it up with a sticker. I have added that mod to a couple of my guitars since (ESPs, Robins) and I can really recommend that whenever you have, err, a redundant hole...

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
        Wow, killer guitar - just killer! Also, great choice of pu color - these are DiMarzios right? I have an ESP M-II in a similar color (more blueish though) with a maple board and I have put in DiMarzios in "creme" - which I find to fit the maple board quite well. But yours is truely a mean machine!

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
          Wow, killer guitar - just killer! Also, great choice of pu color - these are DiMarzios right? I have an ESP M-II in a similar color (more blueish though) with a maple board and I have put in DiMarzios in "creme" - which I find to fit the maple board quite well. But yours is truely a mean machine!

Comment

That does it! I MUST paint one of my guitars purple!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Is that it? I thought DMV was darker. I used to have a mid '90s Dinky Reverse that was a metallic purple (which I thought was DMV), but it was a much darker purple, closer to black in certain light.
              I was going by the color codes available at the time. There was no "purple" other than DMV used in 98/99 time frame on the DK2.
              The pic is also an outdoor shot of the body. It could be darker under indoor lighting conditions.
              -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Spawn View Post
                That does it! I MUST paint one of my guitars purple!!!
                +1
                I want a purple guitar so freaking bad. Metallic or sparkly purple would be my ultimate guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  I was going by the color codes available at the time. There was no "purple" other than DMV used in 98/99 time frame on the DK2.
                  The pic is also an outdoor shot of the body. It could be darker under indoor lighting conditions.
                  There was also a Pavo Purple at the time, which I think was a little lighter, but you may be right about the lighting.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    There was also a Pavo Purple at the time, which I think was a little lighter, but you may be right about the lighting.
                    Pavo was not available for the DK2 though. Only MBS, DMV, TR, TA and TB were the color choices for the DK2.
                    -Rick

Comment

Nice shoes, by the way.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                      X