No announcement yet.

Jackson JTX value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The closest Jackson you're gonna find to a Les Paul style is the Dominion, though it's closer to a mish-mash between a Jaguar and a Tele in body shape, with a fat LP neck but wide like a Flying V. Then there's the Charvel models that are closer to the LP look. Can't comment on those as I've not owned one.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just play with the tone controls on the amp to EQ it thats what they are there for.
      I know where Wider is I have been thru there a few times.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I sold one that same color about a year ago. I sat on it for quite a while before I found a guy locally that would pay $340 with the case. Mine was in near mint condition. It just didn't seem like there was really a market for it.

Matt
        Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Comment

I lived in Alexandria for 7 years so Southgate isn't too hard for me to place LOL! Straycat is from central KY, so about 100 mile south at least. Straycat, just think NKY in the Cinci suburbs.

A Gibson slim 60s neck is similar to my Jackson SL2H soloist neck. Likely fatter than your JTX neck, but maybe not as fat as you would like.

All this talk about a thin shredder neck and big jumbo frets is getting my interest up in your JTX LOL! But I just got a new axe for Christmas so my budget is done for the year.

Comment

I've hauled coal thru Wilder avoiding the DOT so I know exactly where it is.
            Got a few overweight tickets in Alexandria too.
            Last edited by straycat; 12-23-2013, 09:41 PM.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I live in one of many apartment complexes at the border between Wilder and Southgate.

I really liked the neck on a Gibson SG Special I played on at GC a while back, think they call it a 50s neck profile? Didn't have money though or I would have gotten it.
              Gear:
              Ibanez RG421 - Jackson JTX - Peavey Vypyr 15

Gear I want:
              Korina Flying V in Alpine White - Les Paul flame-top in heritage cherry sunburst - Silverburst SG - Mockingbird STQ in trans purple

Comment

I have a pair of SG Standards and yep, that is the neck I thought you would like. It is a 50s neck. I love my SG's but hate the fat 50s necks on them.

Comment

Working...
                X