No announcement yet.

which dinky do i get ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just put a Super D in my Snow White DK2M and it screams. The perfect 80s metal axe.

Comment

The stone finish isn't smooth. Has one and if it has a flaw you will never be able to tell. Definitely an 80s tone from it too. Does it have the rail pickup in the bridge?
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Well after seeing more photos of the Red Ghost Flame its off the list now, the chip is into the wood & has dings on the front of the body & weird discoulouration in the laquer on the back of the guitar looks like mold under the laquer ? & for £500 no way is it worth it, I paid £360 for my as new mint DK2M white Bengal was a steal that guitar.
        The 93 Dinky Reverse has 2 Dimarzios in it not sure which models they are but they have black pole pieces could be evo's ? I do love the look of the stone finish with the Maple board & have the possibility of dropping a new Schaller trem in there just wondering what it sounds like. I wish all the major brands would stop concentrating on low end cheapo guitars & get some decent Pro series or mid priced guitars out, Im shocked with what jackson has to offer at the moment. Other than a USA model i wouldnt touch any of the imports they offer.

Comment

Get the dinky professional. You'll be happy with it.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I have had a few stone finish Dinkys and they were incredible players and sounded fantastic.IMO one of the best dinky reverses they ever made.
            The maple necks are very comfy.
            Mine were both basswood and were acoustically very loud and open sounding.The reason for that is there is no thick primer under the thin coat of stone finish paint.Actually very little paint on the body.The whole basswood/alder debate doesn't mean a whole lot.In fact the whole wood debate to me means nothing if the guitar sounds good who cares what its made of.
            I've had pine strats and teles that would sing for days and expensive mahogany( insert LP here) guitars that you couldn't get more than a dull fart sound out of.
            Loved the stock Jackson pick ups too they nailed the 80's tone in spades.
            I would love to have one again.
            Last edited by straycat; 08-21-2013, 07:33 PM.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X