No announcement yet.

dinky reverse...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah theres a stone finish one on ebay at the moment with a maple neck, I am tempted just not keen on basswood bodies, im too used to my DK2 alder bodies, what do these things sound like? I know it does say in the catalogs that it is american basswood similar to what ibanez use on there satriani & vai guitars, so they cant be that bad?

Comment

Looks near identical to mine.
      8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Basswood is what they were made of basswood is basswood IMO.
        The stone finishes were never clear coated and there is not much paint on them really @ yes they sounded fantastic.
        They are some of the best sounding MIJ Jacksons and they resonate very well.Any early to mid 90's MIJ Jackson is a great guitar and the best era IMO.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have what I think is a '94 Dinky Reverse in the stone finish and I love it, the neck is amazing and it's a maple fingerboard.

There is a rosewood finger board Dinky Reverse for sale near me and I am sorely tempted to go and pick it up because the one I have is so good and comfortable, the problem is ... I don't need it, so justifying it other than "but it'll be awesome!" is sort of hard :/

The one near me is going for about €300.

Comment

It is an ash body. The grain of ash was good for a finish that Jackson was playing with at that time.
            They also had a graphite finish and a red finish. They all had that matte look with strong grain.
            I always wanted to find one in graphite with the maple fingerboard.
            The sunburst dinky's had a thin figured laminate on basswood.
            They did not use alder until after the FMIC buyout that I know of.
            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
            A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Working...
            X