Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinky reverse...?

HI

is this a dinky reverse professional?never seen a reverse whit a maple fretboard.

http://www.mercatinomusicale.com/mm/...5965.html#foto

Yep.
    Used to sell these in our store a lot back in the mid 90's.

Here's a catalog scan from 94/95 catalog.
    http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...4-95Page11.jpg
    -Rick

Comment

Yep, that's what it is. Great guitars, I now have 3 of em.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Those necks are crazy thin. I loved mine....sold it though
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

value?

Comment

I love the early 90's MIJ Professional models, Especially the Dinky Reverse, That guitar looks to be a mid 90's model possibly a DR3 or DR5 judging by that finish. jackson started putting the JT580 trem on around that time to & thats the trem that is on that guitar, The neck doesnt look original i dont remember a maple neck on the later models? it looks like a neck from the dinky reverse which were made in the very early 90's. The neck is compatible though & looks ace
            I owned a black 93 Dinky Reverse professional it had the JT590 made by schaller bought it brand new early 94. I loved that guitar & only realised after about 10 year the body was American basswood haha i am tempted to get another Dinky reverse ive seen a few of the stone finish models with the maple reverse neck for a few £100.

Comment

There's a lot to like about those D. R's. I espcially like the direct mount p'ups, the reverse heady and the look of the maple neck- original or not. However, sound wise, I just can't get into how bright the maple sounds especially with something like a JB. Are all of the DR's basswood?

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
                Are all of the DR's basswood?
                I had two of them, and they were alder. Both had rosewood boards, one was deep metallic purple, one was candy apple green. One was a '94 that had the original squared off base plate JT580LP, the other had to be within a couple years after with the newer JT580LP.

I think just the ones with the Schaller JT590 were basswood.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by phil.666 View Post
                  That guitar looks to be a mid 90's model possibly a DR3 or DR5 judging by that finish.
                  A DR3 actually has a three-way Gibson-type toggle, not a blade switch.

Comment

my dinky reverse is FULL REVERSE...

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

It's just backwards!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        I had two of them, and they were alder. Both had rosewood boards, one was deep metallic purple, one was candy apple green. One was a '94 that had the original squared off base plate JT580LP, the other had to be within a couple years after with the newer JT580LP.

I think just the ones with the Schaller JT590 were basswood.
                        My 94 and 95 dinky are both basswood and have the squared 580lp trem.
                        My Toys:
                        '94 Dinky HX in Black
                        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Interesting. I could have sworn mine were alder, but it's been many years since I owned them. The only basswood guitar I can remember owning was an Ibanez 7-string.
                          Also, maybe your '95 is an early year model, because the squared base plate trem was only available in '94 and known as the JT580LP '94.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            Interesting. I could have sworn mine were alder, but it's been many years since I owned them. The only basswood guitar I can remember owning was an Ibanez 7-string.
                            Also, maybe your '95 is an early year model, because the squared base plate trem was only available in '94 and known as the JT580LP '94.
                            That's possible on the 95, although its possible that its a 94 also. I can't remember how to decipher the serial #.

Here's a pic of them side by side. I bought the tiger flame on the left new in 1995. I got the quilt very used a few years ago.
                            Last edited by AdRock; 08-15-2013, 02:35 PM.
                            My Toys:
                            '94 Dinky HX in Black
                            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I had a stone finish with a maple board and a stone finish with a rosewood board.Both 93 models IIRC.
                              The maple board one had the thinner profile of the two.Both were fantastic guitars and both had the JT 590.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X