X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather looks good today, might knock out them bevels

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
      Damn I may have to try that minwax pen if yours turns out good.
      still doin the second coat. Gonna do 3 coats. Waiting 24hr between each with very light sanding in between. First coat got it dark. Second is a bit darker and tho the 3rd may be overkill it cant hurt
      Walmart has the pen for $6

Comment

Hey, which color pen did you use? I'm going to use one on a Les Paul that I love but hate the fretboard. I want more "red" so I pickup up a mahogany pen I think. But I may mix a darker pen along with it.

Comment

I used ebony

Edit- be sure to get the sheen off first or the stain wont take to well in those areas
          Last edited by jdr94; 02-27-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Well i decided screw the ding. I kinda touched it up but its still very visible. Probably shoulda taken a bit more time with the tape job, but for a less than $250 guitar its still cool. Still got another coat to do on the fretboard but heres the bevels.
            Last edited by jdr94; 02-27-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Ok so there was alot of flash on those. These are truer to color.

Comment

Looks sexy!
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Thanks man. I think it came out nice considering me not doing a 3rd coat of stain(which may not have made a difference) and not properly fixing the ding/chip.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

I finally took some pics in real light. In one im pointing to the chip i halfassed fixed. The fretboard isnt ebony black but a great bit darker.

Comment

Looks MUCH better in the light. The bevels really stand out much more. Well done!!!

Comment

Thanks man. I didnt clear coat it. Just buffed the edges and its nice and smooth now. Was gonna grabanother kelly and do the red, but this looks so good i dont care to do the red anymore

Comment

Working...
                            X