NGD the kelly project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD the kelly project

Got the Kelly from GC for stupid cheap and got the neck loaded from the bay. Gonna paint the bevels but gotta fix the chip on the top edge. To alot of you its nothing new to see from me i think i've done 3 like this before, 2 others with dxmg necks, and 2 with professional offset dot necks. I play em for awhile, sell it, then make another lol

Cool. Good luck with it. I bought a cheap KE3 a while back but it has a few ends chewed up that I need to repair.

Comment

Yeah i think i might ebonize(sp.) The fretboard. Looks too bright lol

Comment

Have you decided what color for the bevels?

Comment

I think im gonna try to grab another kelly and do both the hammered steel and the red . Still not sure which will get what

Comment

I'll be very curious to see how that hammered steel turns out, but I think that will look great! I'm still debating on whether or not I want to paint the bevels black on my yellow KE3 with the pinstripes.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
              Yeah i think i might ebonize(sp.) The fretboard. Looks too bright lol
              I have a DK1 neck on mine. Kelleys look great all blacked out.

Comment

The thing is this ding is right on the corner of the bevel edge. It will take some work to get the original line back. I guess we will see.

As for ebonizing. Can you use those minwax stain pens or do i really need to get the can

Comment

Ok so i went ahead and got the minwax pen so i could have more control of the stain since i got small inlays and binding. Not quite done but its lookin good so far

Comment

Love the piranhas with the Kelly. Awesome mutt.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Thanks man. I really like using the early professional kelly bodies cause they use those ferrules instead of neckplates

Comment

Good job! I saw a KE3 w/ DKMG neck on ebay years ago, it was trans black with a JT-590 fitted too. I've never understood why the KE3 never had binding, looked incomplete.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah whos knows their logic behind not puttin binding on em. That feature alone coulda got em more sales. I just put a second coat of stain on there. Depending on weather, i may get started on paintin the bevels. Goin w the hammered steel on this one.

Comment

Damn I may have to try that minwax pen if yours turns out good.
                            It's pronounced soops

Comment

The stain job's looking great so far!! I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product!!

Comment

Working...
                              X