Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
    This photo any better?
    Dammit man, stop tempting me! I think that if I go for an X series the Adrian Smith SDX is top of my list, but these aren't far behind. I'd love to see how it looks once you've carried out the pickup swap.
    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

So would I. The local guitar tech is on frikkin holiday
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Pickups being installd as we speak. Invaders FTW!
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Shit. I've been playing my DK2T too long. Methinks I might get a JB/Jazz combo for the SLXQ instead...
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Invaders :d

Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-21-2013, 06:31 PM.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

OOOOO that's sexy! I love the top. How do you like the invaders?

Comment

Very thick sounding. I couldn't afford a new JB/Jazz set after buying an Audient 8 mic pre. I had the Invaders I bought from another member, so...
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

It's funny I was actually going to suggest a JB/ Jazz or JB/ '59 combo lol.... I've heard good things about the invaders though..... I may stick one in the bridge of my Ibanez S470 with a something else in the neck... not sure what yet lol. Either way, congrats she's beautiful.

Comment

Well, my SLXQ got its first chip this week. Sat at this PC when I heard this crunching sound. I turned round to watch my SLXQ plummet to the floor. The guitar skidded down the wall and was cushioned by mains cables but having inspected it, there's a small chip on the edge of the lower horn, on the front edge. Whilst tiny, it looks very deep. Should I get it sorted or leave it as is? Its a burnt cherry sunburst so a black sharpie isn't gonna do it
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Pics of the chip? Maybe a red or brown sharpie.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I left it in the case til yesterday, to look at it. No, not a sharpie - right down to the wood . Nasty scuff down the back too. Guitar now sits in shop awaiting repair.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I duuno whether to believe this "ROHS" BS, but the white Duncans with black pole pieces don't LOOK like black, more like blackened chrome. I may well still have them installed, but the shop is insisting on speaking to SD on monday. The repair is done, but looks like its dented. As long as its sealed, I don't care that much. Hell, I was even thinking of putting gold hardware on this guitar, as a result of seeing some older Jackson Dinkys and Soloists. I'm concerned an OFR might not retro replace the FR Special.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

OFR will fit just fine but I would keep the special in there until it breaks.
                            The special in my AS/SDX is solid as a rock.I don't see any reason to change it.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

were r these made now,great guitar by the way will be wicked will emg,s in
                              Jackson Dk2 hss in snow white..

Comment

Made In India.
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                                X