New score: SLXQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New score: SLXQ

Arrived yesterday. Plays great. Nice feel. Very lightweight too. I'll be swapping pickups, ground and fitting a GK3 pickup as time permits.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Wow, nice axe. That's a killer paintjob; I love cherry sunbursts. I was going to complain about the lack of a matching headstock, but strangely on that guitar I don't really mind like I normally do. I bet it would look fantastic with a set of zebra pups.

You made me go grab my cherry sunburst Epi LP to admire the paintjob, and now I'm sat playing it.
    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Nice one, Simon. Congrats!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The finish is flawless. No overspray or other associated discrepancies.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I played one awhile ago. The neck area where the neck joins the body was one of the best I ever fealt. Very thin and easy access.Great guitars.Congrats
          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

That is a sweet finish! What pickups did it come with?

Comment

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
              That is a sweet finish! What pickups did it come with?
              Assuming it's stock, they're EMG HZ's.

I seem to be saying this in a lot of threads at the moment, but the current Jackson Import selection is really exciting me at the moment. There's easily half a dozen models that I could see myself buying. I like the thought of one of these, with the HZ's swapped out for some zebra pups. I don't even know what pups, just that they'd be zebras.

But then I also fancy the new DK2Ms, the AS SDX, the SL2Q...
              I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Those EMG-HZ's are getting swapped for a pair of Invaders.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I have been jonesing for one at GC but waiting for a price cut.
                  I would put a set of PAF clones in if I buy one of these.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice! I liked the x series guitars I had. They were great for the money. They did have a few blemishes though. Looks like you lucked out!

Comment

congrats! i find that some of the flame maple top is lighter, lesser dramatic. yours has a deeper, more dramtic finish--so that's awesome!
                      these are great for the money, especially used ones. some say that the indonesian-made jacksons are inconsistent in terms of quality: binding, finish, etc. but so far i haven't ran into any of these issues. is it luck?
                      invaders are going to make the guitar scream. personally i would go with a neck pup that delivers a warmer tone and jb in the bridge to balance that in the alder wood.

Comment

Nice score! Love the finish! Congrats!
                        Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                        Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                        http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                        http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

Thanks. I bought it new. Came with a pair of strap locks too. They slot on to the strap pins. I'll be damned if I can take these apart to attach the strap to them :think:.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

This photo any better?

Last edited by wilkinsi; 02-07-2013, 11:11 AM.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              Came with a pair of strap locks too. They slot on to the strap pins. I'll be damned if I can take these apart to attach the strap to them :think:.
                              Dunlop? They are indeed a real pain in the ass to get off! Get some tweezers or a small screwdriver to try to push/slide those washers off.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X