No announcement yet.

Jackson DK2 models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but this thread is about a DK2, not an RR3.
    same thing right?(had RR3 on the brain since I bought one this morning).

Comment

LOL Then you need to post a NGD thread about the RR3, Rich!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

LOL Then you need to post a NGD thread about the RR3, Rich!
        And the dk2 I bought later this morning and the DKXT I bought last week.

Comment

Nice!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
            Yep, there sure has. It should have chrome hardware unless it's the blue/orange flame paint. It had black hardware before the others.

It was around 2004/5 they switched to real Duncans & black bits, not sure exactly.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I got my DK2 back in 2006. Duncan Designed pups. Love the neck, the balance and the tone. The only thing I don't like about it is the "licensed under Floyd Rose pats." bridge. Tuning stability is severely lacking. The locking nut is good, it's the bridge. I think I just got a bad one. Was considering replacing it with an OFR just for the sake of (hopefully) better quality metal and machining, but also scared I may lose the nice metallic brightness the guitar has. Torn!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Not to bump an older thread but I just got my first DK2 the other day.... it's a 2008 model with SD's and all black hardware, weird part is it's satin black... I found a few others online they're not as common. My god is she a player, the tone from this beasty is incredible.

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
                  I got my DK2 back in 2006. Duncan Designed pups. Love the neck, the balance and the tone. The only thing I don't like about it is the "licensed under Floyd Rose pats." bridge. Tuning stability is severely lacking. The locking nut is good, it's the bridge. I think I just got a bad one. Was considering replacing it with an OFR just for the sake of (hopefully) better quality metal and machining, but also scared I may lose the nice metallic brightness the guitar has. Torn!

I've read that later DK-2 with black hardware have much better tremolos than those witht he chrome ones. Whatever Jackson changed did the trick. I also have a trans red Dinky DKMG with black hardware and the bridge is so much better than it was on my 2006 DK-2. Not as good and fluid as OFR, but still satisfactory.
                  I'm just doing the best I can with my limited skills...

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post

You can put an OFR on it and still have the brighter tone, since the Floyd is solid as a rock. You'll "lose" the slightly hollow metallic tone the original trem gives, though (and "lose" is in quotes because you may not exactly consider it a loss).
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah I've had quite enough with the shitty tuning stability. It's getting the OFR treatment.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I have a DK2FF and it's my favorite guitar. Ihave two Kelly's and two Yamahas to put it up against. I'll never ever sell it, but I'm currently upgrading the pickups to Blackouts and will put an OFR in it too. and Gotoh machine heads because why not?
                        Jackson Kelly Ke3 MIJ black
                        Jackson DK2 Black with Flame Frets
                        Jackson JS32 8-Q (currently upgrading to SD Blackout pickups)

Comment

Working...
                        X