Jackson DK2 models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2 models

Has there ever been a DK2 made with Duncan Designed pickups? I am looking at what I believe be a DK2, but it has duncan designed pickups installed. It is H/S/S.

Thanks for the input.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Yep, there sure has. It should have chrome hardware unless it's the blue/orange flame paint. It had black hardware before the others.

It was around 2004/5 they switched to real Duncans & black bits, not sure exactly.

Comment

Thousands of them I'd say. My first Jackson was one in purple.

Comment

Force: Yep, chrome hardware. Is there any difference to the quality of workmanship between these and the DK2's made with regular duncan pickups, besides the pickups themselves?

I ended up getting it, the electronics are shot. It needs new volume and tone pots, probably a new switch, and possibly a new neck pickup. However, the body and neck are in great shape. I put my extra black hardware on it, including a OFR. It's looking pretty, but just can't hear it.
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Ser # ?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ive only got later ones but there should be bugger all difference, amazing guitars. Like any guitar, as long as the neck is good you'll be okay.

As for sound, personal preference really. I have EMGs in one & the other I swapped the Dunc for a Dimarzio D'Activator X, both sound insane.

Being alder, it tends to highlight mids, which I like.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Ser # ?

Comment

2001-02 era
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                  Has there ever been a DK2 made with Duncan Designed pickups? I am looking at what I believe be a DK2, but it has duncan designed pickups installed. It is H/S/S.

Thanks for the input.
                  I got one in Trans Red. It's a pre-Pro model, I believe 2006 and it came with Duncan Designed pups. I swapped them out with 18V active Livewire Classics and replaced a trem with Floyd Rose Pro. Added an EMG VMC circuit too.

I'm just doing the best I can with my limited skills...

Comment

I picked up another DK2 (I need another guitar like a hole in the head). Crimson Swirl. Too hard to pass up.

Comment

Love the Crimson Swirl finish... Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by yeline23 View Post
                        It's a pre-Pro model,
                        that's a purty geetar.

What do you mean by "pre-Pro"?
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

It's a pre-Pro model,
                          The RR3 has ALWAYS been in the professional series. Yes they upgraded the pickups and started calling them PRO series to attach this line to the old professional PROS which they are no where near in quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                            The RR3 has ALWAYS been in the professional series. Yes they upgraded the pickups and started calling them PRO series to attach this line to the old professional PROS which they are no where near in quality.
                            Yeah, but this thread is about a DK2, not an RR3.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think the Dk2's were the best bang for the buck guitar. I currently have the transblue.

Comment

Working...
                              X