No announcement yet.

For the Dominion/Morton fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the Dominions in my SLS3 and they sound fantastic. I much prefer them over the '59.

Comment

I've been wanting a Dominion since they came out, had a few opportunities but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. They retail for just under $3k over here. Bit rich for my blood. But one day....

As for the pickups, very interested in the Dominions. But Dimarzio have just released the Transitions, similar curve & sounded great in Luke's demo vid. Now I'm torn
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey folks, spotted by someone else over at sevenstring.org but in the text posted with this picture at Premier Guitars facebook is the following:

Here is one of Lamb of God guitarist Mark Morton's Signature Jackson Dominion models. This particular guitar features a prototype "White Boy" finish and binding that will be available for shredders in 2013 (along with additional finishes/colors). The 24.75" scale length Jackson also is equipped with Morton's Signature DiMarzio Dominion pickups, which will come loaded in both Morton's Japan-made and import-level signature Jackson guitars in 2013.
        Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by elrrek View Post
          Japan?
          The earlier model and the current model were all Japanese...no news as to where this next batch will be made to my knowledge. Hopefully they don't go to shit. I can't attest for any other Japanese made Jacksons, but the Dominions I own/have owned have all been quality instruments.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            As for the pickups, very interested in the Dominions. But Dimarzio have just released the Transitions, similar curve & sounded great in Luke's demo vid. Now I'm torn
            I was looking at the new Luke's too...the curve is similar on the bridge pickup, but not the neck. I like the mid/treble boost on the Dominions better. The Luke's are more flat with a slight increase on the bass side.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric View Post
              I've got the Dominions in my SLS3 and they sound fantastic. I much prefer them over the '59.
              I remember your review. That has me intrigued, but I still don't know if I want to change out my '59s yet.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                The earlier model and the current model were all Japanese...no news as to where this next batch will be made to my knowledge. Hopefully they don't go to shit. I can't attest for any other Japanese made Jacksons, but the Dominions I own/have owned have all been quality instruments.
                What scale length are your Dominions? I know the specs say 24.75" but mine is actully 25" like Mark uses, based off of the original SweeTone models that were 25".

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  What scale length are your Dominions? I know the specs say 24.75" but mine is actully 25" like Mark uses, based off of the original SweeTone models that were 25".
                  Huh...I never checked that...I'll take a look this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                    I owned 2 previously, sold them both, then ended up buying 2 more! They've been my main axes for quite some time now. They're so versatile and just feel great to play. I have a newer Wine Drunk and an older beat up Riverbed that I've been talking to Mike Learn about doing some work on.
                    Wow, that sounds familiar. I bought one of the original batch in Wine Drunk, but sold it. Then I bought a Primer version, with painted neck, and have been thinking of having it repainted. Now, I've just taken delivery of a new Wine Drunk with the unfinished neck, which is a first for me and is fan-effin-tastic. "Versatile and just feel great to play" are my thoughts exactly. I've already made the decision to go for the Dominion pickups because I like a bit more output, more mids, and the ceramic bar's sharper attack.

Comment

Are all the Dominions import models?

Comment

Yes, except for the run that was done here as far as I know.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Joe...mine are both 24.75

Comment

Hmmm. When I measure the low E from nut to saddle, it hits 25 right at the middle of the saddle and is perfectly intonated.

Comment

I always thought you were supposed to measure the high E b/c of the compensation

Comment

Oh, maybe I've been measuring wrong. I'll have to check it later. I know you can also measure to the 12th and then just double it, so I'll have to check that way, also.

Comment

Working...
                                X