For the Dominion/Morton fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Dominion/Morton fans

Taken from Premiere Guitar's Facebook page, Mark Morton's new "White Boy" Dominion. Supposedly it'll be a finish option in the coming year. I think it's a winner, but then again, I'm now on my 3rd Dominion since buying one of the first batch.

If the Dominion came with 24 frets ... I could really get into it I think.
    This looks nice though.

Comment

Sweet! I'm still loving my first series Bourbon Burst.

A bunch of people here got in on a custom shop run of his black beauty, yet I think only one person has ever posted a pic afterwards when he was selling it. :think:
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Sweet! I'm still loving my first series Bourbon Burst.

A bunch of people here got in on a custom shop run of his black beauty, yet I think only one person has ever posted a pic afterwards when he was selling it. :think:
        Yeah those bastards are hoarding them! Thats the run that I most wish I was able to be part of.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I wish I was a part of that run, too. Just found the thread of the one that was being sold by Jeff Smeltz.
          http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/109...uty?highlight=

Comment

I wish I was a part of that run, too. Just found the thread of the one that was being sold by Jeff Smeltz.
            http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/109...uty?highlight=
            I know that I'm not selling mine. But, we had wanted to do a run of 20, 10 black and 10 white.
            Mark said a big NO to the white at the time.

I may be interested in a CS run in White around tax time, if there are any takers...
            I was speccing out a Hamer but the bottom fell out.

The initial thread for those who want to read it.
            http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/90133-LE-Morton
            Last edited by Flatpicker; 12-13-2012, 03:23 PM.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Yeah, I remember that thread now. Guess they all got sold? I can't recall anyone else posting pics but Jeff.

Comment

AFAIK
                They all went in the run. Though Nick may have kept one for himself.
                I dunno bout that.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Jeff was the only one that posted pics to my knowledge. What happened to Nick? I was away from the board for awhile and several names have disappeared that I was used to seeing...his being one of them. I bought a Pro-Mod from him and he was great to deal with.

That whitey is exactly what I was envisioning a custom version to be when the Dominion first came out. I owned 2 previously, sold them both, then ended up buying 2 more! They've been my main axes for quite some time now. They're so versatile and just feel great to play. I have a newer Wine Drunk and an older beat up Riverbed that I've been talking to Mike Learn about doing some work on.

Comment

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
                    Jeff was the only one that posted pics to my knowledge. What happened to Nick? I was away from the board for awhile and several names have disappeared that I was used to seeing...his being one of them. I bought a Pro-Mod from him and he was great to deal with.

That whitey is exactly what I was envisioning a custom version to be when the Dominion first came out. I owned 2 previously, sold them both, then ended up buying 2 more! They've been my main axes for quite some time now. They're so versatile and just feel great to play. I have a newer Wine Drunk and an older beat up Riverbed that I've been talking to Mike Learn about doing some work on.
                    I believe Nick's store closed up and he's doing something else now. He was on FB but haven't seen him in awhile. I bought my Bourbon Burst from him.
                    Do you still have your Wine Drunk with the red pickups? And what kind of work are you thinking of getting on the Riverbed?

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                      AFAIK
                      They all went in the run. Though Nick may have kept one for himself.
                      I dunno bout that.
                      Not sure if he ever kept one for himself. Where's the pics of yours?!?

Comment

I believe Nick's store closed up and he's doing something else now. He was on FB but haven't seen him in awhile. I bought my Bourbon Burst from him.
                        Do you still have your Wine Drunk with the red pickups? And what kind of work are you thinking of getting on the Riverbed?
                        That sucks really.
                        Nick was a really nice guy and I hate to hear he failed.

Comment

Not sure if he ever kept one for himself. Where's the pics of yours?!?
                          Now that you mention it,
                          I've been meaning of taking some shots for ID purposes.

I'll post them once I finish.

Comment

Yep...but the red Duncans are soon on their way out. Going to replace them with a set of Dominions...not b/c I'm a fanboi, but the EQ curve on them is damn near exactly what I was looking for.

The Riverbed is one of the older ones with the painted neck...which I can't stand...that's why I sold my first two. The entire thing is getting stripped and painted, raw neck, plus there are a few fret issues that I never got around to fixing myself. Nothing too exciting...solid color paint...but it's going to be killer IMO. Thinking gunmetal grey with chrome hardware and pickups.

Comment

Nice. I've been wanting to check out the Dominion pickups, also, but I still enjoy the '59s in mine and can't really bring myself to replace them.

Comment

Working...
                              X