Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me identify my guitar. Is it a DR3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    I want to see video of that!
    Me, too! But he's gotta pretend he's Ed Roman while he's kicking his ass!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

btw...grumpy informed me mine was japanese by the serial number...lol...no need to kick your own ass ron...everybody makes mistakes...you just make less than most of us...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

"In fact, never play this again!"

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

We're at now, now!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Most Dinkies have a blade switch and not the Gibson-type toggle switch as shown on a DR3.
            That guitar looks like a DR3, but I thought they were only made in Japan and not India.
            Gibson? You mean like RR's?
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Yeah, that, too! Notice I said Gibson-type.

Comment

As long as u dont include the rhoads ex then yes like the RR

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  See, this is how mis-information starts and spreads, and I'm blaming decadence5423 for this one. The OP guitar is most likely MIJ - the trem is a giveaway. I sure wish people would provide serial numbers right off the bat, and I sure wish people who don't know the answers would just be quiet, and not bother with some wishy washy bs reply.

Signed,

Grumpy

Is this my serial?

Does this help at all?

thanks so much everyone for their help so far. You guys seem to be very knowledgable.

The reason I am thinking of selling it is that I no longer play metal and trashy rock, I've mellowed alot in my taste and am looking for something with a fixed bridge and a smoother sound.

Does Jackson do a guitar that would be more suited to soft rocksomething a little more soulful. Maybe that I could swap this for, or around the same price.
                  cheers all!

Comment

if all you're after is a smoother, more soulful sound, swapping out those Duncan Designed pickups will get you there. There are a lot of aftermarket manufacturers with low/mid gain pickup offerings that will sound better than the pickups you have in the guitar right now
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah like he said^^ just swap out the pickups. You could block your trem if you dont want it to float. If you really want a different guitar you could try a dkmgt or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X