Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me identify my guitar. Is it a DR3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me identify my guitar. Is it a DR3?

I think I've found out what my guitar is, but I would like a positive identification before advertising it.

It says 'made in India' on the back, which is throwing me off though?
    Thanks in advance. P.s. I have no idea what the value of this is. Was about £500 new.

cheers !

I'm not sure about the DR3, but some guitars like the DXMG where produced in Japan and then again later in India. Might be the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
      I'm not sure about the DR3, but some guitars like the DXMG where produced in Japan and then again later in India. Might be the case here.
      thanks. If you look at the pick up selector it isn't a standard dinky one, the only other Jackson 6string with this spec I have seen is the DR3. Any other ideas of what it could be?

Comment

Looks like a DR3 to me.
        What is the serial number on the plate?
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by lukedouglassmith View Post
          thanks. If you look at the pick up selector it isn't a standard dinky one, the only other Jackson 6string with this spec I have seen is the DR3. Any other ideas of what it could be?
          How do you mean? The pickup selector looks like a standard 3-way switch to me.

Comment

How do you mean? The pickup selector looks like a standard 3-way switch to me.
            Most Dinkies have a blade switch and not the Gibson-type toggle switch as shown on a DR3.
            That guitar looks like a DR3, but I thought they were only made in Japan and not India.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

almost a twin to my dr3...mines japanese...only question is does it have a scallop in the lower horn?...wasn't aware of any dr3's made in india...a puzzler for sure...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                That guitar looks like a DR3, but I thought they were only made in Japan and not India.
                Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                almost a twin to my dr3...mines japanese......wasn't aware of any dr3's made in india...a puzzler for sure...d.m.
                See, this is how mis-information starts and spreads, and I'm blaming decadence5423 for this one. The OP guitar is most likely MIJ - the trem is a giveaway. I sure wish people would provide serial numbers right off the bat, and I sure wish people who don't know the answers would just be quiet, and not bother with some wishy washy bs reply.

Signed,

Grumpy

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  See, this is how mis-information starts and spreads, and I'm blaming decadence5423 for this one. The OP guitar is most likely MIJ - the trem is a giveaway. I sure wish people would provide serial numbers right off the bat, and I sure wish people who don't know the answers would just be quiet, and not bother with some wishy washy bs reply.

Signed,

Grumpy

I'm going to assume you missed the part where the OP stated the guitar says it's MII on the back...

Comment

I'm going to assume you missed the part where the OP stated the guitar says it's MII on the back...
                    Same here. You need to get with the RIF program, Ron!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think the JCF is slipping. No mention of user joining in 2009 and his first post 3.5 years later is asking to identify his guitar so he can advertise it and doesn't know the value. Maybe everyone's in the holiday spirit around here or something :P

Comment

Definitely a dr3. Body mounted pickups and toggle. If it says mii then its possible it had a neck swap from a dx10d. If ur not too scared, pull the neck off and check the heel stamp on the neck.

Comment

To answer the OP, around 100$ USD with OHSC is reasonable...
                          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

You know what happens when you assume, right? But in this case, you are right: I did miss that part. Now you'll have to excuse me while I kick my own ass!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              You know what happens when you assume, right? But in this case, you are right: I did miss that part. Now you'll have to excuse me while I kick my own ass!
                              I want to see video of that!
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X