Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Jackson DK2M lovers... what about the DK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already responded ti this on sevenstring.

But again.................................buy one!

Comment

My DK2 is great. The neck is not wizard thin on mine. The only real gripe I have is that the Seymour Duncan single coils it came with have staggered poles. Those are great for 9.5" radius necks, not so good for 16" radius necks. I replaced them with SD stk-s4's. As far as I know the DK2's with black hardware came with real Duncan's, chrome hardware DK2's have Duncan Designed.
      2011 Godin Summit CT
      2002 Jackson Y2KV USA Flag import
      2006 Jackson DK2 TB
      1988 or 89 Ibanez RG 560
      2000 LTD H-307
      2003 LTD MH-301
      2011 PRS SE 245

Comment

Originally posted by BigE13 View Post
        I do not think the DK2 is inferior but I can tell you the Maple neck on the DK2M is like the 8th wonder of the world. Just a fabulous piece of engineering and very sought after for projects etc...You don't see too many of them out there for sale either. Build quality overall is outstanding on the whole guitar. I prefer 2 Hum configs so my DK2M is in my opinion perfect. You can coil tap the hums to get the single coil strat tones so I think it is actually more versatile. The DK2 is a great guitar but magic happened when they started building the MIJ DK2Ms. Of course this is just my opinion but it is what I firmly believe!
        I am really starting to want one after reading things like this!
        I may buy a trans blue off of someone for a real good price and since i already sold my DK2 in crimson swirl i need another jackson now.
        IF only the necks were like the old school jackson strats! I played one that was sick thin and i LOVED IT!

Comment

I bought a DK2M when they first hit the market and I loved it. In a stupid fit of "I want something new" I sold it to get my DK2 Blue Orange Flame guitar ( I wanted one for years) While I don't regret buying the "BOF" I DO regret selling the DK2M to get the money.
          The DDs in the DK2 definitley held the guitar back so I dropped a Full Shred in that I had laying around. I didn't much like that either. I have a Tone Zone in it now and it sounds AMAZING! Every bit as good as the DK2M as far as sound and playability, but nothing looks like a DK2M, I WILL have another. In fact, I'll be making a trip to Houston in a couple of weeks and there is a music store there that has had a Black DK2M with flames that's been calling to me. It would be a nice "evil twin" for the BOF. The price has been a little out of my range (799.00) on my previous trips there, but if I can free up the cash before I go there, I just might bring it home.

Personally, I think the love for the DK2Ms is based on two main factors.
          First and formost, they look awesome, especially in Black or Snow White. and second is availability. There are litterally MILLIONS of DK2s out there, but while there are quite a few DK2Ms, they aren't as readily available. Most people that have thm are hanging onto them.
          Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 07-14-2012, 08:53 AM.
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

$800 for a DK2 HRF is way high, even if it has been sitting in a factory carton untouched since it was new.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
              I bought a DK2M when they first hit the market and I loved it. In a stupid fit of "I want something new" I sold it to get my DK2 Blue Orange Flame guitar ( I wanted one for years) While I don't regret buying the "BOF" I DO regret selling the DK2M to get the money.
              The DDs in the DK2 definitley held the guitar back so I dropped a Full Shred in that I had laying around. I didn't much like that either. I have a Tone Zone in it now and it sounds AMAZING! Every bit as good as the DK2M as far as sound and playability, but nothing looks like a DK2M, I WILL have another. In fact, I'll be making a trip to Houston in a couple of weeks and there is a music store there that has had a Black DK2M with flames that's been calling to me. It would be a nice "evil twin" for the BOF. The price has been a little out of my range (799.00) on my previous trips there, but if I can free up the cash before I go there, I just might bring it home.

Personally, I think the love for the DK2Ms is based on two main factors.
              First and formost, they look awesome, especially in Black or Snow White. and second is availability. There are litterally MILLIONS of DK2s out there, but while there are quite a few DK2Ms, they aren't as readily available. Most people that have thm are hanging onto them.
              The tone zone takes a lot of critisism by many but like you I have had great success using them, blows away all the duncans i tried in my charvels and jacksons.
              I like the way it kind of turns the tone of the super strats into a almost perfect les paul tone even with the floyd it stays thick but clear. I guess the guys that bash the tone zone either or using it in the wrong body wood? or setting it too close or wrong amp or something??? because when i plug in and let loose i hear a tone that makes me:think: as to why anyone would not love the tone zone in their guitars. and they sound amazing in the DK2M's with the alder body and all maple necks!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                $800 for a DK2 HRF is way high, even if it has been sitting in a factory carton untouched since it was new.
                I remember seeing them new for $899 list? or was it $699 list? either way your are completely correct in saying this

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  It's not a DK2 HRF. It's a DK2M and I can't really describe the flames on it, but unlike the HRF the flames are thinner and more. I looked for a pic, but haven't found anything similar to it, certainly not on a DK2M. I'm thinking it's a custom paint job, but I won't swear to it. I'll take a picture and post it when I go back there in two weeks. It's looks hot for sure. Pun intended....

EDIT: It's not a DK2M, but the flames are more like this..
                  Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 07-14-2012, 10:09 PM.
                  Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                    It's not a DK2 HRF. It's a DK2M and I can't really describe the flames on it, but unlike the HRF the flames are thinner and more. I looked for a pic, but haven't found anything similar to it, certainly not on a DK2M. I'm thinking it's a custom paint job, but I won't swear to it. I'll take a picture and post it when I go back there in two weeks. It's looks hot for sure. Pun intended....

EDIT: It's not a DK2M, but the flames are more like this..

Like this only in black right?
                    Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 07-15-2012, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Thought i would share this cause i LOL'ed my ass off at it!
                      I did a google search for a DK2M in black and this came up!:think: true story try it yourself!
                      http://www.walmart.com/search/search...h_constraint=0
                      Looks like WALMART is racial now! LOL!

Comment

That's Black Ghost Flames
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
                          The later DK2s with the real Seymour Duncans and the black hardware are great guitars. My luthier who used to work for Jackson, and is a Jackson USA snob actually said my MIJ DK2 was a good player. Nice necks and those stacked single coil pickups sound great but I'm mainly a humbucker guy. I'd say any Dk2 with the real Duncans under $300 and not beat up is a great find.
                          Then i better grab the used one i saw for sale on CL recently then! it has a JB and duncan hot rails or cool rail? either way i thought it looked like a great deal BUT the only thing that stopped me is the inconsistant neck profiles?why cant they just all be within a certain spec like the usa dk1 is?
                          I understand that there is final sanding by hand that is done to any neck but my last DK2 was way off IMHO,felt fat and not very jackson at all?
                          I need more than to just look at a logo to know i am playing a jackson, the feel of the neck is what is it really about for me

Comment

Working...
                          X