Which jackson import? help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which jackson import? help!

I sold my fender lone star and now have the cash for a used jackson DK2,i prefer the flatter neck and look of the jackson myproblem is i know very little about the import DK2 except it fits my budget
    so i needed to know which should i go for this one

or this one

from what i can find out the second picture is a newer version that has USA duncans as opposed to duncan designed and a better trem? but i can get those things and add them to the older version myself so other than the trem and pu's what else is better on the newer DK2's?

I think colours would be the only other change. The black hardware definitely looks better. They are an outstanding guitar for the money.

How about the DK2M, do you like maple boards?

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
      I think colours would be the only other change. The black hardware definitely looks better. They are an outstanding guitar for the money.

How about the DK2M, do you like maple boards?
      actually yes i am looking for one of these though and they are a biatch to find! it is the ONLY DK2M that looks good with the black binding and natural headstock

Comment

I think there is a DK2M for sale in the classifieds. Great guitars.

Comment

Heres a trans amber dk2 for $250.

I used to see dk2m's everywhere from $300-$400, but it looks like their getting rarer. I seen a trans blue one for $400 w/$50 shipping. Theres a couple of white ones on ebay for about the same price.
          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
            Heres a trans amber dk2 for $250.

I used to see dk2m's everywhere from $300-$400, but it looks like their getting rarer. I seen a trans blue one for $400 w/$50 shipping. Theres a couple of white ones on ebay for about the same price.
            I got my eye on one of those and the crimson swirl dk-2 as well

Comment

If the Dk2 is anything like my Dk2m, than $250 is a hell of deal.
              Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
              Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                If the Dk2 is anything like my Dk2m, than $250 is a hell of deal.
                according to a few jackosn owners i have been talking to by PM here the DK-2 has a thinner neck profile from front to back which i am into. .079 at the 1st fret and .085 at the 12th which compared to a ibanez wizard is 18mm at the 1st and 20mm at the 12th so it is like a wizard II

Comment

NO. The first Jackson I bought was a DK2 and it has a fatter neck then almost all of my other J/C guitars have thinner necks. Only my 550XL and 5FX have similar necks. This makes for a lot of confusion.

I strongly suggest try before you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    NO. The first Jackson I bought was a DK2 and it has a fatter neck then almost all of my other J/C guitars have thinner necks. Only my 550XL and 5FX have similar necks. This makes for a lot of confusion.

I strongly suggest try before you buy.
                    Really? according to the jackson spec it is the same thickness as a ibanez wizard II and anyway it is too late i already pulled the trigger on this,
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/230818226795...t_14636wt_1396

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
                      Really? according to the jackson spec it is the same thickness as a ibanez wizard II and anyway it is too late i already pulled the trigger on this,
                      Pretty swirl & a rich fretboard. Ser# puts it at late 2004.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
                        Great score! Crimson Swirl is awesome and that's one of the better looking ones i've seen.
                        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                          Great score! Crimson Swirl is awesome and that's one of the better looking ones i've seen.
                          so the swirl differs from dk to dk? i didnt know that? thanks!

Comment

bought it on ebay here some high res pics IT looks like it is in MINT shape!

Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 06-29-2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Mods will be schaller floyd in chrome,black metal knobs,USA duncans(TB-5 custom,hot rails neck and middle) new switch and pots

Comment

Working...
                              X