No announcement yet.

Mystery jackson rr HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember seeing a Charvel Avenger with a vintage style trem. Korean made looked alot like that but had a black trem and black tuners. Or maybe it was a Charvette
    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
      I doubt the koreans making pointy headstock guitars would explain missing records
      well if they were busy throwing parts together they probably didn't keep any records to loose.
      Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
      2007 Jackson DK2M
      1983 Kramer Pacer Special
      2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
      2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

Ah gotcha. For some reason I thought you meant the guitars like that b.c. jackson not the actual korean made jacksons.

Comment

After a little more digging I believe the stamp on the OP's guitar is a date stamp. From 1989 when Grover sold completely out till about 94 there was a lot of floundering. By 94 the writing was on the wall for the eventual 2002 sale to fender. In 98 things were strained money wise at the top of the company so it makes perfect sense that IMC or AMIC at the time, starts churning out as much as they can to save the co. It wouldn't surprise me if thousands of guitars were built "off the books" and sold in bulk to make some quick cash. It would also explain why the name brand took such a hit.

Currently Shredding:
          2007 Jackson DK2M
          2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
            So, this thread had me wondering about all the crazy mutts out there. My conclusion at this point boils down to two things. IMC and HONDO.
            Here are a couple of pics i googled up.
            Pretty sure IMC was just throwing Jacksons together in korea to see what would sell.
            That might also explain the "missing records" of overseas serial numbers that I've read about from the sale to Fender.
            well if they were busy throwing parts together they probably didn't keep any records to loose.
            After a little more digging I believe the stamp on the OP's guitar is a date stamp. From 1989 when Grover sold completely out till about 94 there was a lot of floundering. By 94 the writing was on the wall for the eventual 2002 sale to fender. In 98 things were strained money wise at the top of the company so it makes perfect sense that IMC or AMIC at the time, starts churning out as much as they can to save the co. It wouldn't surprise me if thousands of guitars were built "off the books" and sold in bulk to make some quick cash. It would also explain why the name brand took such a hit.
            Cullens, it's good to do research, but you really are glomming on to this theory - and that's all it is, a theory - with annoying tenacity. IMO you are making educated but half-assed guesses on the origin of this guitar, I don't get why you are spinning this conspiratorial tale of "off the books" import Jacksons. FYI anything you say on here is gonna be seen all over the net, and soon enough there will be others taking this weird theory of yours as fact.

I am satisfied that the OP's guitar was IDed by knowledgeable JCFers - as a mutt or non Jackson. Why aren't you? :think:
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              I am satisfied that the OP's guitar was IDed by knowledgeable JCFers - as a mutt or non Jackson. Why aren't you? :think:
              Because misinformation via internet forums is AWESOME BRUH!

Edit: Forgot the signifying my endless reign of facetiousness
              Last edited by Axegrinder87; 04-16-2012, 07:41 PM.
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I think it was made by duraflame. Guaranteed to burn for 4 hours. Lets test that theory.

Comment

My Bad, Newbie Zeal. In my defense I wasn't aware the "final" word had been given.

Currently Shredding:
                  2007 Jackson DK2M
                  2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Working...
                  X