NGD x2 - Jacksons from the Land of the Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD x2 - Jacksons from the Land of the Rising Sun

Just something different within my stash with the SLAT3-7 and a heavily modified COW7 both in black

With the COW7 I never liked the TOM bridge height so it's been recessed like we're used to seeing with KXK guitars. It's also got a neck EMG and a 3 way toggle. It now has the similar feel to a recessed floyd rose which is what I was after.

The COW7 has a 60-7 and a 81-7 and have to say it sounds alive with these pickups. The stock 707 is just too loose in here. The 60-7 is very cool and gives me a great lead tone where the 81-7 is just awesome in the bridge. The SLAT3-7 has a 707x and 81-7 and this too is a different sound. The SLAT has a noticeable roundness from the rosewood fretboard compared to the ebony on the COW (or my other Jacksons).

Btw if you're in the LA/OC area all this work was done by Hugh at 13th Street Guitars in Huntington Beach. He made teh COW7 into a really awesome guitar with the TOM recessed.

Anyways pics.

I'm not a 7 string guy but that COW looks wicked and the mods look really well done. Sweet axes.
    http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

when you lowered the bridge on the cow did you have to adjust the angle of the neck?

Comment

Nice mods on the COW7....very cool!! Jackson shouldn't have discontinue those...

Comment

Im not a fan of the TOM either. suprise....80s lover, all my guitars have a bar lol. but yea theyre both bad ass, but that soloist to me needs the satin silver hardware like my dr7 has. then it would be uber-fuckable lol. and i really dig the standard headstock, as opposed to the reverse. i wish mine had that as well, but nope.
          Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Working...
          X