No announcement yet.

NGD: DK Eerie Dess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took the bridge off the guitar so I could get a close examination of everything. The knife edges on the trem seem to be just fine. The pivot posts, however, are a bit messed up right at the pivot point. The posts also had a lot of wobble in the bushing. I have ordered new posts and bushings from StewMac. I am really hoping they have the same thread and I can use the existing bushings. If there is still a little wobble I will try and take care of it with some teflon tape. If not, I guess I will work on getting the original bushings out and replace with the new ones. Also, the treble side of the nut is going to need to be shimmed very slightly. I have also ordered the shims. Hopefully this thing will be better than new in a week or so.
    Thanks guys for the nice compliments on how the guitar looks. I am very happy with that, hopefully I can get it to play as nice as it looks.
    Last edited by matt_gu3; 02-06-2012, 08:04 AM.
    Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Comment

Just to let everybody know......The StewMac studs have a much finer thread than the original ones in this guitar.
      Matt

Comment

Finally got everything done. Pulled the old pivot bushings (thanks again Sully for leading me in the right direction). Replaced them with the StewMac bushings and studs. Shimmed the treble side of the nut. Now it plays and holds tune like it should. Glad I didn't have to to a total swap on the trem. I'm very happy with this guitar now.
        Matt

Comment

Congrats, no better feeling then getting a great guitar to play like it should.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Working...
          X