NGD: DK Eerie Dess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: DK Eerie Dess

It has been a good week here. Craigslist has been treating me pretty alright. This is going to have to be it for a while though. The wife is going to get irritated. Not quite as mint as the red DK2M I picked up earlier this week but it is in real nice condition. Came with the hard shell case also. Serial #9742579.

I have wanted one in this color since they came out. I'm smiling pretty big
    Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

NICE! I have one myself - also a craigslist score.

Comment

Oh good lord, yummy yummy yummy. Congratulations.

Comment

Love that paint, seen a pic of a RR with it and couldn't stop drooling.
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Ok, what's the trick with getting these trems to really hold tune well? This one I can't seem to get to be as solid as my others. Is the OFR or JT590 a direct replacement for this model?
          Matt

Comment

Originally posted by matt_gu3 View Post
            Ok, what's the trick with getting these trems to really hold tune well? This one I can't seem to get to be as solid as my others. Is the OFR or JT590 a direct replacement for this model?
            Either of those will retro-fit the JT580(LP); But ultimately, its how well you set up your guitar and how worn the nut is, that'll keep it in tune. Of the 3 guitars I own, only 1 goes out of tune, and it has a JT-590. As I speak, that guitar is being restored and setup by the same tech how did the first two. Neither have gone out of tune in over 8 months. And I abuse my guitars with divebombs and pull-ups all the time.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Man, thats a spectacular eerie-dess. Beautiful!! I'm a sucker for that color. I had a old Soloist here, doing some work on for a friend,it wasn't close to that. But then again, the one I had was ridden pretty hard.Soloist.jpg

Comment

^ That's sexy man... Ebony and Binding... my two favorite words.
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

Nimz that old Soloist was a gem. The color was like burned out if that makes sense. The neck was just tremendous. It had great character and just screamed........ Hey Matt, I'm with wilkinsi, check the nut, allthough it looks way too clean to have it wornout it still might not be contacting correctly. Also, the setup and looksee at the trem makes a huge difference. Springs and pivot contact are always checked first. I had a DK-2 that just loved bombing and pull ups, with no issues.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll work on it a little. My Charvel Fusions w/ the JT590, Jackson JTX and Jackson Stealth, both with the JT580, are all rock solid. These 2 DK's w/ the JT580LP are giving me fits.
                    Matt

Comment

I am learning (slowly) how awesome this site is. Sully has an excellent write up on trouble shooting tuning problems w/ a floyd. This is in the Sticky post at the top of the Tech Q&A section. Tomorrow I'll be messing w/ a couple JT580LP's.
                      Matt

Comment

Some of them just take a little patience. I have a bunch of Floyded gits, some just worked, some just needed a little tweak. All work very well right now.

Comment

Wow, that is a sweet axe!
                          ~ JT ~
                          1993 Jackson Stealth Professional / 1996 Jackson Performer PS4
                          2002 BC Rich Warlock / 1989 BC Rich Gunslinger II
                          1996 Fender Fat Strat / 1999 Fender 70's Reissue Stratocaster
                          1996 Fender Precision Lyte Bass / 2002 Fender Jazz Bass
                          1989 Aria Pro II XRB Lefthanded Bass
                          www.wickedreputation.com
                          www.astronautjonesnj.com

Comment

Nice score. I hope you took into account it came with Duncan Designed pups. Not to get off topic, I went to Schecter's sidewalk sale a few months ago and the Seymour Duncan guys were there selling overstock. I picked up a set for really cheap. Next time i'm bringing a wad and stocking up for all my CL finds that have DD pickups. Regarding the floyd issue, a setup seems to always help.

Comment

Nice...I love my DK2. I don't care for the singles, especially the middle one, since I never use them and seems like the middle one is in the way, but love it nonetheless. Mine stays in tune very well but I may upgrade to an OFR.

Comment

Working...
                              X