DR7, DR7T, and DX7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Actually I think that's a DX7, not a DR7. I've got one in the same color, though mine has shiny chrome, not satin.

At any rate, I had a DR7/DK7 (which one had the Floyd?) a few years ago while waiting for my WR7 to arrive. Liked it a lot better than the DX7. Had more punch thanks to the locking nut (and presumably better wood all around). The DX7's low B seems kinda flubby. I'm thinking it's a combination of the plastic nut and inferior-metal bridge.

Only thing I wasn't fond of was the Floyd itself - seems that you can't just widen the baseplate by one saddle and have it work as smoothly as a 6-string Floyd.

dx7 it probably was, just had her for a month or so. anyway, yes they are flubby sounding because of the hardware, nut and mostly because of the pickups. good thing they were made of alder and not basswood.

Comment

I don't think the pickups were a factor. Mine's got an Invader (real SD) and it's still flubby acoustically and amplificantionally

I'd say it's just the hardware and nut.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X