If you had a choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
    I think I'll get some rocks thrown at me but I would go with the Kelly. The model 1 does nothing to me and it has one of those cheapo whammy bar like on strat. I own a JS30, I thrown good pickups in it and a good set of tuner and did many gigs with it. It's funny to see, but may be it's the look of the Kelly but each time I grabbed it and put it around my neck, it makes me feel like a rockstar!
    What kind of pickups did you switch out with? How does the indian cedro react tone wise to these pickups? Give us a little more insight on how the charvel does nothing for you.(All the negatives you found.) Be careful i'm easily brainwashed
    I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr loomis View Post
      What kind of pickups did you switch out with? How does the indian cedro react tone wise to these pickups? Give us a little more insight on how the charvel does nothing for you.(All the negatives you found.) Be careful i'm easily brainwashed
      ToneZone bridge + Evo Neck (ToneZone rocks but still not sure about the Evo in the neck). The ToneZone makes it a real thick sounding guitar. At one point, mine was tuned to drop B flat, sounded awesome!

As for the "negative", I already said it the no-Floyd on the model 1 makes it looks looks cheap compared to the model 4 I own.

I don't know, it makes it looks too basic and does nothing to me. Such guitar should have a proper whammy.
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Not a fan of either, I'd save my $$ and go for something nicer
        addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

Given the choice, I would have to grab the Model 1. No question.

Got my Kelly fix with a KE3 (much nicer than the JS version - no pickup/hardware swaps required either) and the necks on the Model series are the best thing about them. The lack of Floyd doesn't bother me - I'd screw the bridge down and treat it like a hardtail.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            Given the choice, I would have to grab the Model 1. No question.

Got my Kelly fix with a KE3 (much nicer than the JS version - no pickup/hardware swaps required either) and the necks on the Model series are the best thing about them. The lack of Floyd doesn't bother me - I'd screw the bridge down and treat it like a hardtail.
            What do you mean by screwing the bridge down, more detail please. Sounds like a plan.
            I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Comment

What do you mean by screwing the bridge down, more detail please. Sounds like a plan.
              Usualy, you put 2 wood blocks on each side of the Floyd in the cavity and you're done. If you are lucky and able to find a KE3 for cheap, go for it, but if not, the JS is still a cheap alternative and the new JS32 comes with sharkies.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The Model 1 comes with a 6 screw vintage trem. I'd just make sure they are screwed right in (some folk like to back off the screws on a trad trem to make it function better). I'd also either screw the claw in or add a spring, whatever it takes to lock the trem down tight. Blocking it, as BenoA described, is a good idea too.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Charvel, but this depends on the condition it's in ofcourse.

Comment

Working...
                  X