If you had a choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had a choice

If you had a choice between a brand new Jackson Js32t Kelly, and a used but great shape Charvel Model 1, which would you prefer? I had intentions of buying a new js32t Kelly and changing the pickups to a J90c and a EMG HZ, but I ran across a model 1 with a j90c in great condition for the same price $300. Thanks.
    I put most psychiatrists on the couch.

Hands down the Charvel. Much better quality instrument period.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I would agree that the Charvel is the better quality instrument, but personally I'd rather have ANY Kelly....it's my favorite guitar shape period.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Charvel for me the only Kelly's I like are the 22 fretters.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Model 1, hands down, no contest.

Comment

Could you have picked two guitars that are more different?

I don't get on well with non-Strat body styles, so it'd be the Charvel for me. I bought a mutt with a Model-series neck on it, and it really does play nice, plus you'd already be getting the pickup you want. No sense upgrading a lesser guitar when you have the option to get what you want right away.
            sigpic

Comment

Charvel.

Kellys are f-awesome, but come on, not a JS series ! Wait for some cash and get a read one, KE3 at least ! (I'd wait for some shit load of cash and get a KE2 ^^)

Comment

The Charvel would be an awesome guitar to own as far as sound is concerned, but the Kelly looks kewl.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I'm partial to strat bodies...but Kellys seem cool. I'd have to go with the Model 1. That was my #1 for years and still would be if my gf hadn't lost the damn thing.

Comment

Although I think Pointy guitars look cooler for Metal, but if I were you I'd go for the Charvel for sure. Avoid the JS series (unless if you wanna experiment on them) and save up a bit for a MIJ or a US model.
                    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Charvel for sure. It does have a maple fretboard too? Which is a big + in my book.

Comment

Charvel, no question

Comment

I think I'll get some rocks thrown at me but I would go with the Kelly. The model 1 does nothing to me and it has one of those cheapo whammy bar like on strat. I own a JS30, I thrown good pickups in it and a good set of tuner and did many gigs with it. It's funny to see, but may be it's the look of the Kelly but each time I grabbed it and put it around my neck, it makes me feel like a rockstar!
                          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                            Although I think Pointy guitars look cooler for Metal, but if I were you I'd go for the Charvel for sure. Avoid the JS series (unless if you wanna experiment on them) and save up a bit for a MIJ or a US model.
                            That's my comment redone ^^

Thou speaketh the truth !

Comment

Definitely the Charvel. I recently acquired a 1990(?) 375 Deluxe, and it plays at least as well as my American Strat and better than any non US Jackson I have ever played. The irony....
                              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X