No announcement yet.

DK2 vs DKMG/DKMGT feel & playability question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, good stuff. I'm going to look for a DKMGT or a DK2T.

The DK2T will be tough to find used. No wonder I forgot about them. There are currently none for sale on Craigslist (in Illinois at least) or eBay.

DKMGTs are rare on the used market too, but they're out there. There are two options:
    1. Newer (2003+ I think). Come with the shred-tastic EMG 81/85 pair.
    2. Older ones come with crummy EMG-Hz. BUT these also come with three knobs. Allows independent volume control of each humbucker. Ripe for a 81/85 swap. But owners often mistakenly price them with the newer models. Would have to get a 3-knob version for around $200 to allow for the 81/85 swap.

Or wait until finances improve and buy new.

Man, the thought of my beloved DK2 with HH and no trem gets me all teary-eyed.
    Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
    Jackson DKMGT, EMG-Hz (trans black)
    Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)
    Esteban American Heritage (HSN special)
    Fender Precision 1982 w/EMG P&J (road worn for real)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
      I haven't heard about the DX's being any worse in quality than the others. So unless you want the smurf hat HS, DK2T seems like the way to go to me too..
      Oh man. There was a local Craigslist ad this week for a DXMGT. Red, shiny, $200. I was about to jump on it like a crazed chimp before I remembered those had the smurf hat. I HATE the smurf hats. If you're going to own a Jackson, it should have a pointy headstock.

I passed. Was going to post the ad, but it's gone now. It sold in a couple of days. Someone likes smurf hats.
      Last edited by Duncan_Wood; 11-13-2010, 10:52 PM.
      Jackson DK2 (trans blue)
      Jackson DKMGT, EMG-Hz (trans black)
      Ibanez SZ520QM (blue)
      Esteban American Heritage (HSN special)
      Fender Precision 1982 w/EMG P&J (road worn for real)

I yearn to shred.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan_Wood View Post
        I HATE the smurf hats. If you're going to own a Jackson, it should have a pointy headstock.
        I fully agree with this statement!!! Sorry smurf hat lovers..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I owned a DK2M MIJ and a DK2T archtop at the same time. I felt a marked difference in the necks/boards. The DK2M felt waaay better to my hands, it was flatter and the neck profile was thinner and it felt like home. The DK2T had a more rounded feel to the neck profile and the board felt a bit narrower too.
          Ashique M. Fahim
          Instrumental Rock Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

www.facebook.com/iamfahim
          www.myspace.com/amfahim
          www.reverbnation.com/ashiquemfahim
          www.youtube.com/kalapoka666

Comment

How many times have we discussed this people? There was a stretch of time in the mid 2000's when the Japanese factory was shooting out fat necks. You MUST specify the year when discussing these, because some years were fat some were thin.

I would NEVER buy a DK2/DXMG/DKMG without firsst checking out the neck profile in person.

Comment

Working...
            X