Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help to identify these 2 Jackson Dinky DK2, claimed made in USA ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is an excellent, accurate summary, Sunbane!

Your post should be the basis of a FAQ.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      That is an excellent, accurate summary, Sunbane!

Your post should be the basis of a FAQ.
      +1 Seriously well thought out.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
        I've never compared, but from what I've read here the differences are overstated. I have a DK2 (1999) and a DR3 (2003) and I can feel the quality every time I pick them up. After 30 years of playing around with a variety of guitar makes and models I can't image a guitar sounding better than my DR3. It's just a question of finding the right guitar for you. Good luck and hope you have a nice day, too.
        Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
        Post-Fender Jacksons aren't any worse. People who want to sell their older Jacksons say that so they can try to get more money.
        After I talk to one of the biggest Jackson fan in Indonesia "mayzan" looks like I agree to both of you
        But then, mayzan told me that there's 4 jackson usa for sale, here's the picture :
        http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2125562_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...1_840511_n.jpg

the dave mustaine signature, asking price is about $2000, and the rest range from $2000 to $4300
        the kelly sure distracts me, do anyone of you know what is the finish name ?
        What do you guys think ?
        Oh and FYI, DK 1 seller still didn't give me any feedbacks yet, but mayzan says that for its price, it's well worth it...

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
        That's shit talk, started by people who want to get more money out of their old, beaten-to-crap guitars.

1: First of all; Fender bought Jackson, but they never "took over" or assimilated the brand. While the Jackson USA guitars are now made in the Fender Factory in Corona, they are not made by Fender employees, and not from Fender parts. Jackson have their own wood storage there, their own production line, their own staff (of which many moved with the company when it was bought), and they run their business their own way.
        Thanks very much for this excellent lecture man, u just made my day
        Jackson Demon Custom Shop Black Cherry
        Ibanez RG5000SG
        Ibanez RGT3120TV
        Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
        Laney Cabinet 212 Lionheart
        POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Short and straight to the point good info! Definitely should be in the FAQ!!
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

BTW, Mayzan really made me jealous about his jackson collection, check it out here :
            http://www.mayzan.com/mayzan.html#/Guitars/

In the past he also owned several jackson custom shop, see it here... 2 jackson demon... arggghhh.... :
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOMH...eature=channel
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmTMUrJX7o4
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhdbuLdPetU

He even plays with Marty Friedman :
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOMH...eature=channel
            Ibanez RG5000SG
            Ibanez RGT3120TV
            Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
            POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Wow, that is a really impressive collection! :O

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                Wow, that is a really impressive collection! :O
                Yes, i agree with u
                Even when i ask "what jacksons do you own now?", he replied, "they're not for sale" XD

But, i really love the purple quilt custom shop, he sold it to his friend for $3825 (aaarggghhh... i want it so much), and yes he loves jackson that much that even in Indonesia we have a main distributor for jackson that didn't accept custom shop order, he finds a way to bring that custom shop here, must be a painful efforts...

And the most precious jackson is the one that marty himself give to mayzan as a present, what a lucky guy
                Ibanez RG5000SG
                Ibanez RGT3120TV
                Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                POD Studio UX 2

Comment

There's been debate as to whether there were two Marty Explorers. Someone here used to own one just like that, I know there was a thread about it last year, but I can't find it now. Here's the site of the guy Brett who used to own one, claimed it was Marty's.
                  http://www.gilaguitars.com/guitargallery/index.htm
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

New Update,

Just contacted the seller of DK1 and asked why he didn't responds my photo request, then he said that he is just a broker, it's not his guitar and he can't give any more photos, but he assures me that it is original. If i bought it then when i received the guitar the condition was different from what he checked, i will get compensation like partial refund or full refund if it's broken.

And the original owner is in different town with me, so i can't check it out myself... As far as i know, He didn't have any bad reputation as instrument seller, and he also sell some very high end gears (J custom, Suhr, Peavey wolfgang EVH, Musicman JP, Mucisman Axis, PRS, Gibson and mostly fender)... Still can't understand why he can't give me any more photos, Now i'm confused....
                    Last edited by donnykbs; 07-10-2010, 09:30 AM.
                    Ibanez RG5000SG
                    Ibanez RGT3120TV
                    Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                    POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Hi all, after a while finally i reached my decision that i won't buy either of this Dinky, because the seller live in Korea and I didn't trust him because he didn't get much reputation as a seller

BTW, i ended up buying a Jackson Demon USA Custom Shop, thanks all for your time and comments
                      Ibanez RG5000SG
                      Ibanez RGT3120TV
                      Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                      POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Too bad. I like that BCSB DK1. Which CS Demon was it? - that bolt-on in DMR?
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                          Too bad. I like that BCSB DK1. Which CS Demon was it? - that bolt-on in DMR?
                          Hi, you could see my new jackson here http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/108...ease-%28/page2

cheers
                          Ibanez RG5000SG
                          Ibanez RGT3120TV
                          Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                          POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by donnykbs View Post
                            Yes, i agree with u
                            Even when i ask "what jacksons do you own now?", he replied, "they're not for sale" XD

But, i really love the purple quilt custom shop, he sold it to his friend for $3825 (aaarggghhh... i want it so much), and yes he loves jackson that much that even in Indonesia we have a main distributor for jackson that didn't accept custom shop order, he finds a way to bring that custom shop here, must be a painful efforts...

And the most precious jackson is the one that marty himself give to mayzan as a present, what a lucky guy

hmm $3825... must of been some friend.. Were I come from we tend to cut friends a bit of slack on the price unless that price was reduced somewhat for a friend.... just damn. I have yet to meet a guitar or amp worth 3800....Seriously

And if that guitar in that video is "demon" ... Thats ugly as hell IMO.. Might play ok but just an eye sore to me... If i brought that home.. I might be sleeping alone for several reasons.... LOL
                            Last edited by Brandenburg; 08-23-2010, 07:34 PM.
                            GEAR:
                            #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                            #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                            #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                            #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                            #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                            AMPS:
                            1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                            ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
                              hmm $3825... must of been some friend.. Were I come from we tend to cut friends a bit of slack on the price unless that price was reduced somewhat for a friend.... just damn. I have yet to meet a guitar or amp worth 3800....Seriously

And if that guitar in that video is "demon" ... Thats ugly as hell IMO.. Might play ok but just an eye sore to me... If i brought that home.. I might be sleeping alone for several reasons.... LOL
                              I still waiting for the current owner of pc-1 custom shop to sell it to me, i'm very patient

FYI, i bought that black cherry demon & very pleased with it, u could see it here http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/108...se...-please-(
                              Ibanez RG5000SG
                              Ibanez RGT3120TV
                              Cole Clark FL1AC

Mesa Boogie Mark V Head
                              POD Studio UX 2

Comment

Originally posted by donnykbs View Post
                                I still waiting for the current owner of pc-1 custom shop to sell it to me, i'm very patient

FYI, i bought that black cherry demon & very pleased with it, u could see it here http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/108982-Got-offered-Jackson-Demon-Custom-Shop-need-advise...-please-(
                                To each their own on the types of guitars they like.. Not crazy about the shape of the demon at all
                                Im pretty satisfied with my rig overall. Only thing that would complete my rig would be a rack mount multi-effect. Nothing to fancy. I really love my guitar and only buy used nowaday because it is so much cheaper.Paid maby 270 + another 60 or so in parts to fix it up a bit... Bridge pup i had in a box for 20 years so that didn't cost me anything. I replaced all the electronic components,shielded the cavity and rewired to better reflect my needs. All I need is a new neck pup and some black tuners and my guitar will be complete...This guitar plays better than guitars that cost me 1400 new.
                                Last edited by Brandenburg; 08-24-2010, 11:50 PM.
                                GEAR:
                                #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
                                #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
                                #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
                                #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
                                #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
                                AMPS:
                                1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
                                ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Working...
                                X