No announcement yet.

Soloists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let us know what you decide, it seems you are leaning towards the blue SL3. I don't think you would be disappointed. I do find my Jackson to have a touch more string spacing at the nut end compared to my RG but it is not a problem at all switching back and forth. I don't doubt the Torero is a great guitar and I considered it as well, but Jackson has been making guitars in Japan for a long time and I think overall they are excellent. Personally I also MUCH prefer the 6 inline headstocks, and although I love the look of no inlays I do find myself a touch slower and hesitant on them.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their help in this. The decision is now made for better or worse and this morning I ordered a Jackson SL3 in Trans Blue. It should be here tomorrow and I can't wait

The more I thought about it the more the SLAT3-6 just looked a daft buy as other than the archtop it gave me nothing over the SL3 and looked considerably worse in my opinion due to the colour choice. The Torero was a harder choice as it's a hell of a lot of guitar for £125 less than the SL3 and I certainly couldn't criticise anyone for buying one. Even allowing for the Jackson being made in Japan, the Torero makes an SL3 look a bit overpriced but for me the SL3 was the more rounded package. I generally love Bare Knuckle pickups and I suspect I would have eventually changed the EMG's but I have no immediate plans to change those in the Jackson and if I did decide to do so, it would only be the JB that came out. It looks like I'll be visiting this forum some more in the future now

It's good to be part of the Jackson family.

Comment

[QUOTE=Doadman;1341870]
        I saw a used Jackson SL2H at a store but it was the same price as a new SLAT3-6 and I'd simply rather have a new one.
        QUOTE]

OMG you shoulda went for the used soloist.
        depending on the condition that guitar would've held its value ALOT better. Plus it has everything the sl3 has and MORE. There's just too many reasons to choose the USA over the mij even tho both are great guitars.
        But you already made your order so lets see how you like it.

Comment

Yes, I take your point and perhaps that was the more sensible option. I chose not to for a variety of reasons. Partly I simply didn't much like the look of it, secondly I am extremely particular about the way I look after guitars and as a result I prefer to buy new and in my experience, guitars don't tend to lose a huge amount of money anyway. I bought my current Ibanez 5 years ago for £500 and I'm selling it now for £300, with stores telling me that they would be hoping to retail it for £399. I don't think that's huge depreciation anyway. Each to his own I suppose. I had originally thought of saving longer for an SL1 but while I'm sure it's a superior guitar, I don't think my skill level warrants that kind of investment and I just don't see double the money in it anyway. Clearly I'm a tight arse but at this moment in time I'm happy with my choice

Comment

Working...
          X