Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
    Well I know that... He asked if Jackson EVER made a 24 fret 2 hum RR
    Well, you weren't clear. Quoting works in these situations...
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Okay, the initial questions were I the subject line, “24 Fret RR with 2 hums???” and in the post, “Did Jackson ever make a 24 fret import/USA with 2 hums? Do you think he routed it?”

The answer is, Yes, if you consider the JS30RR and the JS30RR FR, RR models. The guitar pictured is a JS30RR FR; a Factory Special Run by Jackson. They were produced only in 2009 (I got info this from a Jackson/Fender corporate rep) in India like all JS models. Yes, the guitar has 2 hums. They are CVRs, but they are hums. Yes, there are 24 frets on the JS30RR FR. No, it appears that no additional routing that has been; all of the routing that has been done (from what I can see) is on the back. No front side routing. This guitar looks quite similar to the RR24, and to the untrained eye someone may mistakenly think that the JS30RR FR (pictured above) is a routed and modified RR24. It is not. Both are black with red bevels, both have 24 frets, both have Floyd Rose, both have shark teeth inlay fretbaords, but The RR24 is made in the USA, a whole lot nicer, and about three times the cost of the JS30RR FR. I think the RR24 runs somewhere around $1,000 to $1,200 and the JS30RR FR runs around $400.

Hope that answered the questions. Take care and keep playing. Sorry, I’m not trying to be a pain; just trying to answer the questions. 8^)
      Last edited by oldironhead; 02-19-2010, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldironhead View Post
        , but The RR24 is made in the USA, a whole lot nicer,
        Actually the RR24 and its variants were/are made in the Japan factory.

Comment

Thanks for the correction on country of origin. The RR24 is still a whole lot nicer than the JS30RR FR, but not sure if it is worth three times the price of the JS30RR FR. Just wanted to let DeathThrashAttack know that the guitar pictured is a FSR (factory special run) guitar by Jackson and that from appearances, it hasn't been routed or modified. Thanks again. 8^)

Comment

I remember seeing a 24fret dual hum Jackson Stars RR1 type on ebay once....but I was possibly also drunk so I'm not sure...I do remember fighting the urge to bid on it though...

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsonmac View Post
              Yeah its called the XTRR (extreme randy rhoads) it also had 7/8ths the body size, it was made for midgets like Dan Spitz
              Wrong. It still only had 22 frets... both Dan's "Dinky" Rhoads and the later production XTRR. Dan's guitars were actually still a little different in size than the XTRR... they basically cut off the bevels from a regular Rhoads and rebeveled.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Wrong. It still only had 22 frets... both Dan's "Dinky" Rhoads and the later production XTRR.
                Ah, so I'm not delusional!?

That's what I seemed to remember, but then I checked a catalog, and the pic representing the XTRR there did show a guitar with 24 frets, so I didn't know what to think.

Comment

Hmm. I don't know what catalog you looked at, but the XTRR was only around for a couple years and only had 22 frets.

Comment

That's a cool comparison drawing toejam - thanks!

Comment

No prob. I think Jani owns them and did the tracings awhile ago. I just saved it.

Comment

You tracing saver you!

Comment

They had 2 of those at GC yesterday. The ONLY Jacksons they had. I played one, it was actually pretty nice. Good fretwork, finish, the action was half way decent (playable, just not to my liking). If I had 399 I might have brought it home.

Comment

Working...
                          X