No announcement yet.

Jackson Doug Aldrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ones in the aldrich look like an oversized bushing has been pushed in. I can't explain it so I'll take a picture for you guys to see later Thanks for that link! Very interesting link.
    Guitars:
    Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
    Ibanez S520EX
    Jackson DK2M

Comment

I got mine out by dropping a small wall plate screw (like from an outlet or switch cover) and threading the floyd post into it. If the wood is sound it should bottom out on the screw and force the bushing out. Doesn't have to be one of these screws, but it's what I had around at the time that would fit.
      My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
      Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tonemonster View Post
        I got mine out by dropping a small wall plate screw (like from an outlet or switch cover) and threading the floyd post into it. If the wood is sound it should bottom out on the screw and force the bushing out. Doesn't have to be one of these screws, but it's what I had around at the time that would fit.
        Sharp dude!

Comment

My Momma always said I was special
          My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
          Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

What do you guys think? DA neck on DXMG body. Just thought I'd experiment a bit today
            Guitars:
            Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
            Ibanez S520EX
            Jackson DK2M

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
              I wouldn't bother with spray paint on a guitar I cared about. Takes too much to make it look good and it will take FOREVER to dry completely.

Find somebody who knows how to work an automotive type paint gun and have him help you get the kind of paint he likes to shoot in a shade you like.
              The easiest and best looking home-style paint job is the Steve Vai/ Herc Vede swirl of colors. Its pretty simple-

1) Sand off the finish on the DA model, strip it of hardware and electronics.
              2) Spray paint a white primer.
              2) Fill a garbage can with water (make sure the can doesn't leak)
              4) Squeeze different oil paints onto the top of the water in the can, then swirl them with a rod.
              5) Dunk the guitar
              6) Hang it up, let dry,
              7) Spray paint a clear coat, buff, spray a clear coat, buff
              8) repeat step 7 until the guitar looks and feels and plays how you want it.

Last edited by The Rossness; 11-08-2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

That's actually a really cool idea! But TBH I'm not that big of a fan of Steve's swirl finish. I would much prefer to do something like EDS. Or the Caparison sponge paintjob.

Thanks for the suggestion though! Will definitely keep it in mind if I ever want a swirl finish.
                Guitars:
                Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
                Ibanez S520EX
                Jackson DK2M

Comment

The Caparison finishes are killer, imo. I like those swirls too. And the old Rands.

Comment

Working...
                  X