Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudlark
    replied
    The serial is for 2006 and the pocket appears to be stamped 2006-6-25.

I expect it's simply a factory stamping error on the neck unless someone changed an RX10D's chrome to black.

I've seen a number of examples of factory mix-ups on necks/bodies. Different models/series being made in the same factory would've make it easier for these mistakes to happen.

Leave a comment:

• FrankyB
    replied
    Japanese Jackson RR3 body with Japanese RRX10D neck!

Hello friends! I just bought a MIJ Jackson with a RR3 (or RR3R) body and a RX10D neck! I need your help to figure out the year (of the body and if it's possible the year of the neck) and to "reconstruct" the story behind this guitar! Ok so...I got 2 theories:

-It was made on 1997 before the 1998 Jackson RR3 Reverse release (that would explain the serial and the black hardware) and they snapped the neck so they stored it until at least 2000 when they finally put a very similar neck (RX10D) but with the original RR3 hardware (because at least, as far as I've done my research, RRX10D never had black hardware)!

-My other theory is that it was made in 2006-2011 (2006 is when they put black hardware on RR3), same neck story! But the thing with this second theory is that as far as I've read this thread, 97xxxxx means 1997 or 2003-2004 so IDK...

How do I know its definitely a RR3 or a RR3R? It has 2 volumes and 1 tone with a
    JT-580LP bridge and the electric system is on the front ! BTW the guitar's been modded with two active pickups and the battery is on the back!
    Also, can you people give me an estimate of the price of the guitar please? Just in case I want to sell it!

Also... please excuse my bad english, i'm from Bolivia haha. I know that this guitar needs love, don't worry I was about to clean it and calibrate it <3!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

IDK if this is something but those stickers were in there (there's nothing written behind em)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Serial 9778683:
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Neck model
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Originally posted by FrumiousBandersnatch View Post
    Hello, I am a new owner of a used Jackson, which may be a new Jackson later.
    I have what appears to be a DXMG, in gun metal gray with the SN: 9816698.
    Sorry for the late response. It would be very helpful if you could post a pic.

Originally posted by 405HP_Z06 View Post
    Adding serial number and date to the database.
    DXMG
    Looking at archived catalogs and price lists to compare features and specifications, this looks to be a 2006 model guitar.
    It's not uncommon to see models made later in the year previous​ to the year of it's release.

Leave a comment:

• 405HP_Z06
    replied
    Adding serial number and date to the database.
    DXMG
    Body: Double cut out super strat, Black, Alder or Basswood (not sure which)
    Neck: maple bolt-on, rosewood fretboard, white binding, pearl shark fin fretboard inlays, reverse black painted headstock, 'Jackson' logo
    Electronics: dual EMG-HZ humbucker pickups, 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way selector switch
    Hardware: black
    Tremolo - JT500 DLT
    Serial number: 9739769
    Body date code: 8/2/2005
    Neck date code: 8/23/2005
    Body and neck ink stamped with 'DXMG'
    Made in Japan

Looking at archived catalogs and price lists to compare features and specifications, this looks to be a 2006 model guitar.
    Last edited by 405HP_Z06; 11-25-2018, 07:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FrumiousBandersnatch
    replied
    Hello, I am a new owner of a used Jackson, which may be a new Jackson later.
    I have what appears to be a DXMG, in gun metal gray with the SN: 9816698.
    But the headstock isn't reversed, I have seen signs it may be a DK2M as well, but it has EMG-HZ passive pickups.
    I'm pretty sure it's pre 2010 by the serial, I could be wrong though.
    It certainly doesn't sound, play or feel like a "cheap" guitar though.
    I saw a Charvel Rhodes model in the same pawn shop that I'm going to have a closer look at too.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by FrumiousBandersnatch; 10-26-2018, 09:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Madixx
    replied
    Thank you Toejam!

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Factory mistakes weren't common, but there are plenty of examples of them.

Leave a comment:

• JepMetalway
    replied
    Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    It's almost certainly an early PS1, no doubt from '95...first year for Performers. I wouldn't be concerned about the blank truss. It's possible it was a factory mistake, or the very early models may not have had logo'd covers.

I'm a serial fiend, and this is the first Korean serial I've seen beginning with anything other than a 1 or 0.
    That, too, may be a factory mistake, or the very early models may've been different than 0 or 1.

It's also a possibility the European market may've had different serials at one point. One can only guess.
    Right, thanks for all these informations !
    Did these factory mistakes use to happen currently ?

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Originally posted by Madixx View Post
    Brand new to this forum, but I'm trying to figure out info about my guitar. I bought it back in 2012 i believe and i know this isn't an appraisal site, but I'm trying to figure out how much this things worth. I've searched for a while and haven't seen another one with this neck style. Any help would be greatly appreciated

pics are here: https://imgur.com/a/uBu6Q8T
    Welcome. That's a Guitar Center exclusive Shuriken model. Page 15 in this catalog. http://editiondigital.net/publication/?i=75064

Leave a comment:

• Madixx
    replied
    Brand new to this forum, but I'm trying to figure out info about my guitar. I bought it back in 2012 i believe and i know this isn't an appraisal site, but I'm trying to figure out how much this things worth. I've searched for a while and haven't seen another one with this neck style. Any help would be greatly appreciated

pics are here: https://imgur.com/a/uBu6Q8T

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    It's almost certainly an early PS1, no doubt from '95...first year for Performers. I wouldn't be concerned about the blank truss. It's possible it was a factory mistake, or the very early models may not have had logo'd covers.

I'm a serial fiend, and this is the first Korean serial I've seen beginning with anything other than a 1 or 0.
    That, too, may be a factory mistake, or the very early models may've been different than 0 or 1.

It's also a possibility the European market may've had different serials at one point. One can only guess.

Leave a comment:

• JepMetalway
    replied
    Hi,

No, I live in France. The guitar was bought used by my uncle circa 1996, but I don't know where it came from, I don't have any information about its former life !
    Here are some photos in my Google Drive :

Serial Number : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zDn...ew?usp=sharing

Guitar : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BEc...ew?usp=sharing

You can see that there is no "PS-1" written on the truss rod cover. I tried to flip it, but there is just nothing...

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Sounds like a PS1, but the serial is odd.
    Are you in Asia?
    Can you post pics to a site such as imgur and copy the links here?

Leave a comment:

• JepMetalway
    replied
    Hi everyone, new to this forum, but I've got a question.

I've just found a Jackson guitar, probably bought used circa 1996-1997. It says "Performer" on the head, but there is no indication on the truss-rod cover, no "PS-x". It has a non-reverse head, 24 frets, dot inlays. The body is a Dinky Style (ie 7/8th Strat) with black pickguard. Pickups are HSH setup, Jackson stock pickups. Serial number is : "5000752". There is a Jackson Floyd Rose too.

Do you have any details about this guitar ?

Thank you !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X