X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kpshredder98
    replied
    Thanks wrldeatr7...!!�
    Last edited by Kpshredder98; 06-14-2016, 01:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wrldeatr7
    replied
    Yes, very genuine. Nothing to be surprised about. Most Jackson JS Series are made in China. Jacksons made in India had a similar sticker. Indonesian Jacksons have it as well although they are moving to labeling the back of the headstock itself.

Leave a comment:

• Kpshredder98
    replied
    Is this even genuine...?? The sticker on the headstock says "crafted with quality in China"...??

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Oh, my bad...there should be a battery for the boost.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    There shouldn't be a battery compartment on a pre-2006 WRMG. How about a pic? It's hard to say what you have.

Leave a comment:

• nonex
    replied
    Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    Ahh, yes, HZ's are passive.

Have you never wondered why the battery required for active EMG pups has lasted over a decade?

EDIT: Ok nevermind, it looks like the battery compartment is for a boost, not the pickups.
    Last edited by nonex; 06-12-2016, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Ahh, yes, HZ's are passive.

Have you never wondered why the battery required for active EMG pups has lasted over a decade?

Leave a comment:

• toejam
    replied
    Originally posted by nonex View Post
    I need help identifying the model and year of my guitar.

SN: 9688199

It's the Jackson warrior style body. EMG-HZ active pickups. Floyd rose.

From what I remember when I got it it was a 1998 or 1999 but just want to confirm.
    HZ pickups are not active.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Black hardware/piranha inlays? If so, and the serial/neck are original, it sounds like a Japanese made WRMG.

The serial indicates 2002-3...perhaps your memory is foggy? 2002 was also the first year the WRMG was released. If you remove the neck you'll find date/model stamps on the neck pocket/neck heel.

Some 1996 models got a 96xxxxx serial, but the huge majority of those numbers indicate circa '96-2003. They were numbered sequentially beginning approximately '96 at 9600000, then 9600001, 9600002 etc...they hit 9700000 about 2003. But, as mentioned, the WRMG wasn't around until late '01-2002...so, '96 is out of the question.

Here's the 2003 catalogue with the specs at the back of the catalogue.
    http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...03_catalog.pdf

Leave a comment:

• nonex
    replied
    I need help identifying the model and year of my guitar.

SN: 9688199

It's the Jackson warrior style body. EMG-HZ active pickups. Floyd rose.

From what I remember when I got it it was a 1998 or 1999 but just want to confirm.

Leave a comment:

• spurgubuddha
    replied
    Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    Made in Japan either late '01 or early '02. My list contains 96745xx which was date stamped in the neck pocket 2002 February 28.

Removing the neck and checking the stamps is most accurate since those numbers can sometimes be inconsistent.

Great price. Used Japanese models don't often go below $300 USD. You got yours for around $227 USD.
    Thank you very much. I bought it from a local music store here in Finland.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Made in Japan either late '01 or early '02. My list contains 96745xx which was date stamped in the neck pocket 2002 February 28.

Removing the neck and checking the stamps is most accurate since those numbers can sometimes be inconsistent.

Great price. Used Japanese models don't often go below $300 USD. You got yours for around $227 USD.
    Last edited by Mudlark; 06-03-2016, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• spurgubuddha
    replied
    Greetings. Can you tell me what country my guitar was made and when. I paid 200 EUROS.

Leave a comment:

• Mudlark
    replied
    Sounds like a 2011 SLX, made in India. The original pups were EMGhz's.

Leave a comment:

• Kbiii
    replied
    Can you tell me what year/model I have?

Sn: 1106192

details:
    6 In line regular facing headstock
    Two humbuckers, Dimarzio
    Floyd rose special tremolo
    3 way switch
    neck through
    24 jumbo fret, sharkfin fret markers with black dot indicators