Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello ye knowledgeable ones,

Looking for help identifying a Jackson guitar that I found up in the attic of a forclosure home I bought about a year ago.

I know nothing about identifying these guitars and after researching online for the last couple hours, I'm still at a loss.

At the top of the neck just below the head on the backside it says Maxe in Japan. And at the bottom of neck on the last fret the number 083190 is engraved. Other than that, I'm hoping a picture will help to identify.
    Thanks, any info is appreciated.

Comment

• I don't see the pic?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms0709 View Post
        Hello ye knowledgeable ones,

Looking for help identifying a Jackson guitar that I found up in the attic of a forclosure home I bought about a year ago.

I know nothing about identifying these guitars and after researching online for the last couple hours, I'm still at a loss.

At the top of the neck just below the head on the backside it says Maxe in Japan. And at the bottom of neck on the last fret the number 083190 is engraved.
        You need to load pics on a photo sharing site and then copy the link here.
        This site or a similar site will do. http://imagebucket.net/

The serial indicates 2008 Japan, but a pic or description will be needed to ID the model. Body shape? Strat? V?, Rhoads?

Originally posted by cow7 guy View Post
        2xxxxx is a dinky XL(jap made?) ordered and purchased brand new in 94 ??
        Yes, Japan.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms0709 View Post
          Hello ye knowledgeable ones,

At the top of the neck just below the head on the backside it says Maxe in Japan. And at the bottom of neck on the last fret the number 083190 is engraved. Other than that, I'm hoping a picture will help to identify.
          Thanks, any info is appreciated.

SLS3. Very nice guitars. I may be way off but I want to say they sold for around $1300 new. I think they were at the top of the MIJ line at the time.
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

• Pricelists have errors, so I assume one of these is incorrect, but the '09 catalogue says $1999 MSRP with case and the 2010 catalogue says $1679 with case. 2011 says $1805 with case.

I'd say $1999 is a misprint, but either way street price would've probably been $12-1400.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Hi, I recently bought a Jackson bass. The serial number is J1197. I think it is an -85 San Dimas Custom shop bass. Does anyone happen to know if I might find any further information about it?
              Last edited by pyyr; 06-11-2017, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Yes, that's an '85 San Dimas. Not sure where you'd get more info...anything in particular?

Comment

• Thanks! Nothing special, just happy to have a confirmation on the year and factory. I play in a band with two Jackson enthusiasts and I think it has grown on me too. Now that I got an instrument that's a couple of years older than me I'm curious to know every possible detail of it

Comment

• Understandable, I like to know about mine, too.
                    Since they were custom made, one could only guess at the wood. Poplar was popular back then.

Is there a graphic?

Comment

• Its plain white. I heard it might be a 'student' model or something since it doesn't have all the extras e.g. binding or sharkfins and fretboard is rosewood.

Comment

• Its plain white with bridge mic only. I heard it might be a 'student' model or something like that since it doesn't have all the extras e.g. bindings or sharkfins and the fretboard is rosewood.

Comment

• Yes, looks like the Student Concert bass. The other option was the Custom with fins/ebony/binding.

Comment

• Hi everybody, i want to buy a guitar Jackson Stars Soloist SL-J2BE. The seller says it was made in Japan in 2000 and it's serial number is 002573. It has set-in neck (if i didn't confuse the terms), a tune-o-matic bridge and shark-fin inlays. The serial number is placed on the neck at th 25th fret. I've just read the serial number guide and still can't figure out was Jackson producing this kind of guitars in 2000 and is it really japanese, can somebody help me?

Comment

• I'm not 100% certain how the Japanese market serials run. A neck thru Jackson such as a Soloist sold in North America would have a date coded serial, and 00xxxx would be 2000. The Stars models go back to the very early 2000's, so I wouldn't rule out it's 2000.

Definitely Japanese, and as mentioned, they were only sold in Japan. I'm not familiar with those models, and the only couple Stars catalogues I know of are on the Jackson site. http://jacksonguitars.com/support/catalogs/

If you're unsure if it's legit post some pics of the front and back of the guitar. A fake is pretty easy to spot for most of us on here.

Comment

• Here is the photos posted by the seller.

It looks like my previous guitar soloist slat3-6, but without Floyd Rose, top lock and with passive pickups (that's exactly what I'm looking for). Back then when I was buying slat3-6, the seller told me it is Japanese and it has 6 digits serial number on the 25th fret and a "made in Japan" sticker on the back of the neck's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X