No announcement yet.

Import Serial Number / Country of Origin FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heres my jackson Rhoads V, it has serial number 9618400 on the plate and has a schaller made in Germany Floyd Rose and locking nut as well as two Duncan pickups. Just wondering what all that means for the value.. i picked it up at a pawn shop for 350 CDN so i didnt break my bank or anything.. .just wondering what it would normally go for.
    thanks for the help.

Caleb

Comment

• Have you got a bigger pic? I can't determine the model with a serial and the serial could mean 1996 or 1998ish depending on the model. Or, if you got it used the number and/or neck may not be original to the guitar. $350 Canadian would be an average deal for a Japanese made model IF it is a Japanese model such as the number suggests.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• First Jackson guitar bought used - Need some help identifying please:

S/N = 9695655, sticker says "made in japan"

Pickups = H S S, all "Duncan Designed"
        3-way PC selector switch, 1 vol, 1 tone pot
        Bridge = "Jackson / Licensed under Floyd Rose Pats"
        Neck = bolt-on 24 fret rosewood w/ shark fin inlays / locking nut
        Jackson tuners
        color is "black" transparent with light stripes beneath giving it more of a very dark gray look in the light

Thanks much in advance!

Comment

• Hey, I've just had a load of assistance from the guys to identify a model for me. The for sure recommendation is to remove the neck and check the stamp within the neck pocket on the body and on the neck itself. This worked for me on a now known MIJ DXMG. Hope that helps. If not, the guys may be able to help if you provide a pic. They really know their Jacksons!

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsteve View Post
            First Jackson guitar bought used - Need some help identifying please:
            Can't determine the model with a serial. A pic is most useful, but I'll give it a shot.
            Chrome hardware or black?
            Body shape...Strat?
            Reverse headstock or standard?

My initial guess would be a 2002-3 DK2.
            As mentioned, the model and date are stamped on the neck heel/pocket on most Japanese models.
            [IMG][/IMG]
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Can't determine the model with a serial. A pic is most useful, but I'll give it a shot.
              Chrome hardware or black?
              Body shape...Strat?
              Reverse headstock or standard?

My initial guess would be a 2002-3 DK2.
              As mentioned, the model and date are stamped on the neck heel/pocket on most Japanese models.
              [IMG][/IMG]
              Wow - Sorry for lack of pic, but I guess none is needed, as the pic shown above is EXACTLY the guitar in question. Yep, strat style body, chrome hardware, standard headstock. Thanks so much!

Comment

• hello.

Im currently looking at buying a jackson dinky via out local classifieds (South Africa)
                The seller does not know much about the guitar and the images ive got from the guitar are pretty low quality.

Im thinking that this is a jackson dk2t but im not 100% sure, if anyone can give me some more info based on the serial and photos it would be great.

The serial is 9780565
                It has two SD pups, Ill assume they are a JB and Jazz.
                some images. bad bad quality.

Comment

• Hi, I purchased an RR5 pro as seen on picture. Serial number is 040938. It's a 2004 then? I thought they only made RR5 pro later that decade.

Comment

• Hello, all!

I'm trying to get some more information on my Dinky reverse. The serial number on the plate is NHJ1023506

I take that to mean it's a 2010, made in India version, but I'm unsure of the exact model. Can anyone here help?

Thanks!

Comment

• Looks like a JS32RT to me. 2010 sounds about right.

Dinky88 that does indeed look like a DK2T from 2006 or later. Trans blue finish, JB/jazz.

Comment

• Yep... JS32RT... I have the exact same guitar.
                        Picked it up at a pawnshop for $100.
                        Great guitar... crappy pickups.
                        -Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarkid8 View Post
                          Looks like a JS32RT to me. 2010 sounds about right.
                          I googled that model and it looks correct. Thanks for the assist!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinky88 View Post
                            hello.
                            Hello. Sorry for the late reply, but I missed your post somehow.
                            That is indeed a Japanese made DK2T...don't often see the string thru models. The serial indicates '06-'07, but if you're curious, you'll find date stamps on the neck/neck pocket if you remove the neck.

Originally posted by stuugi View Post
                            Hi, I purchased an RR5 pro
                            Yes, that's a 2004 Japanese made RR5. Japanese production stopped in late 2011 and the recent RR5 is made in Indonesia.

Originally posted by kwkshift View Post
                            Hello, all!
                            Yup, 2010 JS32RT made in India. Indian cedro body if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Hi all, I'm looking for some help dating my Jackson Kelly Pro. Serial number is J011347, stickered on the back of the headstock. Blank truss rod cover, no neck plate. The neck and the neck pocket are stamped "KE 4", so I'm assuming it's a KE4 which was made from '95 to '98? Any help is appreciated!

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/NqQt2

Comment

• hi gang.new to this awesome forum ,not sure if right section to ask.i have four Christian Olde Wolbers 7 strings that i would like to know the rough dates etc etc..can i post the serial numbers for some answers?
                                Last edited by cow7 guy; 11-28-2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X